ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New lad to the site wit a dilema lol

C

Clio_Craig

ok then ppl chuck me some suggestions, if u all wanna slate me lol

al

ST on the way...
172 16"
182 16" Anthracite or Silver
Trophy/Cup 16" Speedline Turini's Anthracite/Silver

C

Clio_Craig

the problem is im working on a budget and reali cant do wiv spending 700£ on a set of wheels, im full time uni student, its my first car and first set of alloys and thats y i fort wolfrace wud be ok lol but ive been given some stick

C

Clio_Craig

rite the thing is im going for look not performance, i no ppl are sayin get the speeline turini wheels and stuff but they are proper dear

Instead of all the *****ing around, three pages so far, why not leave the standard dynamique wheels on which are fine.

Save your pennies for essential repairs and servicing.

Otherwise make a decision on what suits you not anyone else.

Your car your wheels etc.

VW Passat 170 sport
Hello and Welcome to the site matey.

Them Wheels are Hanging, Buy some Speedline Turini's :D

al

ST on the way...
The problem is I am working on a budget and really can't do with spending £700 on a set of wheels, I am a full time student, its my first car and first set of alloys and thats why I thought Wolfrace would be ok lol. But i've been given some stick.

I hope you're not doing English at uni ;)

I'd stick with the standard wheels for the time being to be honest.

Instead of all the *****ing around, three pages so far, why not leave the standard dynamique wheels on which are fine.

Save your pennies for essential repairs and servicing.

Otherwise make a decision on what suits you not anyone else.

Your car your wheels etc.

Agreed :approve:

my mate callum had these on his clio, it's the same car as yours.

cant remember the make of his wheels tho. but they are 17's

Your car looks really tidy as it is mate.

I'd say no to the enforcers, but the kei racing force set may look okay in 15" or something like that.

To be honest I think dynamics look great with 172(ff) alloys. each to their own though.

Keep your eye on these

C

Clio_Craig

cheers, yer alot of ppl ave said 172 wheels but i wanna stand out if u no wat i mean, im not worried about ride etc im going pure for look

The force 10's don't look too bad at all, just not sure about that multi-fitment idea.
With a nice drop they colud look spot on.

Renault clio 1.2 16V 2004
hi fella, whats your budget? i may have a set of 17" axe ap30 wheels goin up for sale soon? have to search for a pic soz fella. there a pic on rochfordtyres.co.uk

80MPG BEEZA
kei force tens will look good, pro race 1.2's in black, or definitely the 172 wheels or turinis!

best advice yet - id say do this one of the three and you wont go wrong

17's are to big they completely ruin the ride and without a 60mm drop the car feels to high from the drivers seat

mk2 clio 1.2
what ever u do dont put on black wheels with a silver lip they look so rubbish now. every1 has got them. they looked good back in the day. that is until every tom dick and harry got a pair on their banger cars. (which dont include clios)

PH1_172
ill; stand by the 1st post i made get them 182's in anthercite (daz's looked sweet on them)or them 172 wheels off ebay make him a offer they didnt sell and biding ended at 0.99p ;)

1.8 8v RSi
put on whatever you want... you will get people approving and dissaproving of anythign u put on. moddify the car for yourself not everyone else...and welcome to cliosport my friend

RenaultSport 197
7.jpg

Sorry for the delay Craig, here's my wheels taken from the CS Westerham meet last sunday.. Yea it need's lowering. But suits the car just fine.

Doug

PS - The ride doesnt feel too high.. Feels like normal really..

Last edited:
  mk4 golf gttdi180
the thing is my drive is pretty steep lol, i want 17's on it, u reckon i will get away wiv dropping it 40?
you can get 17s and lower 60mm and still get up your drive got for 16inch and lower 50mm look loads better get some 172 and spray anthracite

ep2
i think the wolfrace pro sprint look a bit 'old skoll' no afence 'DougClio16v'... i was about to go for the kendos but they looked a bit crap in fresh.....wheels that i did lik where the bk 1s that look simular to the kenods, which dutty1_2 had on his....

RenaultSport 197
Every wheel in this thread is pure charver lol.

I concour. Gashville.

My wheels aren't 'gash' thank you. They were quite expensive and by no means at the cheap end of the market. Everybody is entitled to do what they want to thier car and it's blatently obvious that people's thoughts will clash about what is nice and what isn't nice. They only way you find these things out are by experimenting with different styles to match the shape of the car. Some of the older generation here will appreciate more subtle mods and smaller wheels (although some people younger will also like small mods as well).

It would seem that if anybody dares to be different and stick's 17's or bigger on thier Clio they get slated big time. What's the big deal that somebody wants to try something different? You probably wouldn't slate them if they stuck Turini's on them or some other 'common' Clio mod.

I hate the lack of support these forums have.. No sort of "Those wheels look different, but good mate.. Good effort for trying something new" its now "take those wheels off, they are gash" or "That exhaust is shyte".. This is a Clio forum about Clio's and people should get a little support about thier choice in mods. No wonder so many people convert thier car back to standard cause they feel they have to conform with every body else's bloody mods. I don't want to be stereotypical Clio with the Turini's and standard back lights bla bla.. I like my car as it is. Thanks :)