ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPods?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Will we hopefully see a new iPod tomorrow with the OS interface of the iPhone but minus the phone functionality? I hope so cause I'd rather own one of those than the complete iPhone package which I fear will not be altered to suit the UK market.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Why tommorow?

Apple are holding a press conference tomorrow where they apparently plan to make several big announcements. The next gen iPod's are meant to be part of the presentation and will feature the iPod Touch. Touch screen and wifi have been rumoured.

appleinvite_300.jpg

Last edited:
  RX-8
b****cks just bought an Iphone in preparation for the unlocking software release, oh well!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah a UK iPhone announcement was expected today too, it'll be interesting to see if they have added 3G and MMS for the UK market.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
when is the iphone meant to be coming out? i want a new phone and like the idea of it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
but it'l be the same phone right? just set up with the uk software and updates?

I think it needs a change of hardware to make it compatible with 3G.

The release date is expected to be announced today, if it's like the American release earlier this year then that happened 4 weeks after the press conference.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
liking the new nano's, might have to sell mine and get one!
also on the link above, apparently sony are dropping prices of 80gb ps3 by the end of the year, $499/£253ish!

Citroen DS3 DSport
appleevent18.jpg

The iPhone has dropped in price in America to $399 from $599, the 4gb version is now discontinued.

Now I have to decide if I buy the 8gb iPhone or a 16gb iPod Touch as they are both the same price. If I buy the Touch then I'll get the new SE k850i phone.

hate that they've put so little memory on the touch! tut! skank! i love apple but i know i'll be pissed in 3 months when a bigger memory/thinner version comes out.

Im going to have to get a Touch. I have no need for it and hardly use my nano but like thats going to stop me! lol

none, just walk
i would love a 160gb but thats just madness! ive just got a 30gb video and im having trouble filling that, ive already got all the songs i want on it, the full first series of lost, and heros, and about 6 films, and i still have 11gb left, so i would waste my money with a 160gb ipod.

im going to LA in 2 weeks so i could be tempted to get a ipod touch cos the pound to dollar rate is good at the moment.

Clio 172mk2
the ipod touch looks mint but 16 gig isnt enough 30-60 and i`d have considered getting one.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
i would love a 160gb but thats just madness! ive just got a 30gb video and im having trouble filling that, ive already got all the songs i want on it, the full first series of lost, and heros, and about 6 films, and i still have 11gb left, so i would waste my money with a 160gb ipod.

im going to LA in 2 weeks so i could be tempted to get a ipod touch cos the pound to dollar rate is good at the moment.

fancy gettin me an ipod nano while your there? lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i can get the iPod Touch 8GB for £186.83 and the 16GB for £252.63 through work, not bad! Shame I've just spent £300 elsewhere, could have ordered one.

Last edited:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I am just hoping I can get the iPhone around Xmas time when my contract is up. After playing with one in the States I want one!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think the European iPhone announcement is due on the 25th September, I'll hold off on buying the Touch until I hear what deals will be available on the iPhone.