ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here looking for a 182.

clio182, defender
Hi there just joined here as I soon will be getting a 182. Brother had a 172 a while back but looking for one my self now. Any suggestions where is a good place. Tks jezza

Clio 182 cup
A fair few on eBay/pistonheads.. Though treat "full service history" as a loose term, and beware of very tatty ones.

clio182, defender
Ye been looking around £3000 is what I want to spend one with about 60000 on the clock. Ebay seems expencive auto trader seems ok for prices. Just going to put it on some sport line springs standard air box with igt filter with a better cold air feed. Uprated brakes on the front, Exhaust not sure on what to get yet and a remap that's about it unless any other good suggestions.

Titanium 182
Ye been looking around £3000 is what I want to spend one with about 60000 on the clock. Ebay seems expencive auto trader seems ok for prices. Just going to put it on some sport line springs standard air box with igt filter with a better cold air feed. Uprated brakes on the front, Exhaust not sure on what to get yet and a remap that's about it unless any other good suggestions.

Just in case you don't already know, make sure the belts have been changed. If you don't see a stamp or receipt then don't chance it. If they have been changed and are not due soon then take a look through the progress threads for some ideas. I would advise you try to find one off this forum :up:

clio182, defender
Is like to fined a standard one. And Ye I know people in the trade so should be able to get it done cheepish. But tks good feed back

clio182, defender
Just in case you don't already know, make sure the belts have been changed. If you don't see a stamp or receipt then don't chance it. If they have been changed and are not due soon then take a look through the progress threads for some ideas. I would advise you try to find one off this forum :up:
Look through the progress thread?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
If you become a full member you'll have access to the marketplace (cars for sale section) and also we have some traders on board who may be able to help find exactly what you're looking for.

Clio 182 cup
I paid less than that for a lovely example with 50k on the clock - great history... But I also looked at some terrible ones, as said, the important thing is the cambelt and dephaser, accept some people have a loose understanding of service history, buy on condition...

Looks as if we're both after the same car. I've seen a few, but nothing yet that grabs my attention.
I'm going to have to widen my search beyond my original 40mile radius.
Good luck to you.

clio182, defender
I paid less than that for a lovely example with 50k on the clock - great history... But I also looked at some terrible ones, as said, the important thing is the cambelt and dephaser, accept some people have a loose understanding of service history, buy on condition...
Do u mined me asking where u got your from?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
How Do Jezza. £3K should be more than enough for a semi decent example. @cswalmsley is looking at selling his Arctic Blue 182 in the not too distant future and he is from over in Codsall...so not too far to travel if it is the 'one'.

PS. Welcome to the Forum :)

clio182, defender
How Do Jezza. £3K should be more than enough for a semi decent example. @cswalmsley is looking at selling his Arctic Blue 182 in the not too distant future and he is from over in Codsall...so not too far to travel if it is the 'one'.

PS. Welcome to the Forum :smile:
Hi do u know whether it has been modified if so what and do u know much about it cheers?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Hi do u know whether it has been modified if so what and do u know much about it cheers?
I'm not sure, but by tagging him (using the '@' symbol infront of his username, he will see he's been mentioned and may come on here to answer).
I know he has another car now, so was saying he's looking towards replacing. Not sure of the mods he has on it though to be fair.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Your 182 looks nice not seen you around. Be nice to see.
That Blue car is my old 172Cup. I have a Titanium Silver 182 with better exhaust on Eibachs...I have a Cobra seat in the house waiting to go into her too! :D

clio182, defender
Ah ok what are you running what set up you got. What are the springs like are they the sport line ones because I'm looking at those.

Clio 182 cup
Do u mined me asking where u got your from?
Ebay..
The car was in North Bristol. I'd looked at ones in Swindon and reading previously and wasn't impressed.
It was an auction with a starting price of £2k, but I emailed and went to see it the next day, it was such a good example we did a deal there and then.