ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new here,hi

03 172 cup
hi all,new on here,currently got my saxo vtr for sale and am in talks with 2 people bout buying their new shape 172 cup.wanted one of them for ages now and have decided to part with my vtr and get one.they look lush and apparently quick as.wont be doing much to it coz dont wana spoil the way it looks to much but will be getting it lowered and bmc induction kit and wana get a similar exaust to the 182 cup so will probably go powerflow.any way hope to be a full member soon with my clio.:D

03 172 cup
just read a couple of people threads on here,one said about the 172 cup not having abs which i knew but just how bad is it on them without it.my last car had it.should i let this put me off???

Nimbus Clio 197
nah mate, dont sweat it! just have to drive careful in the wet though, because they are a bit twitchy, but the normal 172 is as well.

Nimbus Clio 197
if you floor it when its wet, the fornt will spin, and jump, its annoying. but its a high powered, light car, so its expected eh! but u will enjoy it, i swear :)

"wait" not 'weight'! ;) (sorry LoL :p)

Not having ABS just means that you have to think quick in an emergency situation - with ABS you can keep your foot on the brake and steer round whatever it is you're trying not to hit ;) but without means you have to lift off to get the locked up wheels rolling again, then steer round, then brake again if necessary! The bonus is though that you can lock up, turn the wheel while sliding straight on, and when you come off the brakes you will immediately lurch in the direction you've steered, so you can still avoid things! :cool:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
woo another cup, welcome mate! Dont sweat the abs, if you drive sensibly in the wet!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If you drive like an idiot in the wet, then you know the potential scenario. I'd just advise on spend a wee while getting used to the motor. Smile when it leaves people standing in "superior" cars! I've had mine since April 2004 and still enjoy driving it.

The lack of ABS isn't an issue, just drive within your limits, and you'll be fine.

PS. Welcome to the club, and good choice of motor!!

LY V6 with Recaros
Hello! I'm currently trying to sell my vtr to get my 182! Should be getting it next week, so excited, as much as I love my Saxo!

Megane Mk4
Deb182 said:
Hello! I'm currently trying to sell my vtr to get my 182! Should be getting it next week, so excited, as much as I love my Saxo!

Dont worry Debs .... Once you've tried Clio ... You'll never go back ffhhhnnnarr!! lol :D

Hello

I've mainly only had the ABS come on when im out on track in my 172... Paddock Hill at Brands in the pissing rain to be precise lol

03 172 cup
darren s im from milton keynes,anyone else on here from around that area?
hi deb,yeah cant WAIT either,was guna get a 182 cup but there bit out my price range.
yeah will just drive sensibly in wet then drive in properly when its dry.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
fUbAr said:
Hello

I've mainly only had the ABS come on when im out on track in my 172... Paddock Hill at Brands in the pissing rain to be precise lol

PMSL, neva a good place to be braking hard!!! lol...
172's beta than the cup......Runs for cover.. lol

Welcome kid!

03 172 cup
wana get the 172 cup but few people have said just get the 172.why?i know the cup doesnt have the abs and the leather but the none cup doesnt come in the lush blue,doesnt have the nice alloys,better suspension.so why?

Nimbus Clio 197
if you want leather/alcantara seats, aircon, abs, xenon lights, then get a 172. if your not bothered about them, and like the Cup blue, the alloys, a tiny bit more performance, and lower stiffer suspension then get the Cup! that was my criteria, so hell, i got a Cup :)

03 172 cup
yeah think cups gota be done,bit peed off tho,car was forsale on ebay but didnt sell, ill try again and also put it in auto trader and in some magazines.

Nimbus Clio 197
yeah, get it in the trader. my mate has got a normal 172, and even another mates dad says it feels slow compared to my Cup! haha