ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Headunit-172 mk1

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a new headunit for me that will work in conjuction with the Renault stereo controls and dashboard display.

I would like something that would not involve half the dashboard having to be removed.

Ta very much.

most head units will work with the standard steering column remote, but you will need to buy 2 interfaces as well as the head unit

these vary from model to model, so it is impossible for me to give you the exact part numbers

what i can however do is, if you tell me what make of hu you are after i can give you the telephone number of the manufacturers technical department, they will be able to tell you which leads are required

**Warning - these are pretty expensive for what they are**

to my knowledge the is NO POSSIBLE WAY of keeping the whole of the digital display, you will lose the radio input from the display and only have the time and temperature on there

hope this helps

Having read your post you might be able to help me, I am putting back the original headunit as selling the car.

I went to connect the plugs back in and power is present as the cd player is making a noise but no displays comes back on and no sound other than bleeting when i press buttons, I know I have to put my code in but cant do this until i can see the display. I have plugged in the black, blue and white plugs and the yellow hole is empty on the headunit, could this be the reason its not displaying. I have looked for a yellow plug but pretty sure there are only 3 to go back in.

there should be a yellow plug that disappears up into the dash, this should be connected to the head unit for the display to work

no problem really