ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New head unit.. So many wires! Photos..

A grey one
Was bought a Kenwood flip out head unit for valentines day- awesome..
Not so awesome.. SO MANY WIRES.
My old one was so easy, just clip it all in and it worked perfectly.

There appears to be a blue wire that's cut, I'm not sure if this is important..
when it's plugged in, it sort of works, a small red light flashes and I can eject cD's, you can hear it doing something but it won't turn on or flip out..

Can anyone shine any light?

Ok so this is what the clio wires plug into..
b35144043d9af4a3fc529cb46a5c23ce.gif

But there is a blue striped wire and a pale green one that aren't connected to anything?
cda98d511c18554af4759099c4f18e43.gif

This black box which ends up on an iPhone adapter cable.. Not sure if anything is missing?
4de8e8e521005cd26dca3c26448572b5.gif

aaf4b1e59024069a3e916c7570c1d891.gif

And as I gather, these are different fittings for different cars so I tie wrapped them out the way..
9d40bca453acea16f2fe52bf5257ffcd.gif

am I best off just taking it to Halfrauds?

thanks in advance, if anyone knows what the hell I'm on about.

RB 200 Cup
The blue and white wire is usually for a remote on an amp iirc, is it a new unit? The previous owner may have snipped it to crimp their own on... Not sure about the light green one, sorry.

A grey one
The blue and white wire is usually for a remote on an amp iirc, is it a new unit? The previous owner may have snipped it to crimp their own on... Not sure about the light green one, sorry.
Thankyou, any help is better than nothing, well I don't have an amp so hopefully that's not why it isn't working, yeah maybe.

where the plugs that look like the clio ones, I noticed there is a pin missing.. Could that be why it isn't working properly?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like the power and ignition wires are the wrong way round. Check your manual, they're the red and yellow wires in the ISO connector IIRC.

Oh and hi.
DSCF2281.png

RB 200 Cup
Unless the block looks like it's been forced, it's probably not the plug... All ISO blocks have different pin configurations, they vary between models. You say it powers up but doesn't respond, it could be a voltage issue...

Beaten to it by McGherkin

RB 200 Cup
Ah, also it might be worth checking... Is there a 'Handbrake' labelled wire? It's an additional earth they put in as a safety thing on some flip-outs; it'll need to be either scotch locked to the main earth on the ISO, or run to another earthing point on your car.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, also it might be worth checking... Is there a 'Handbrake' labelled wire? It's an additional earth they put in as a safety thing on some flip-outs; it'll need to be either scotch locked to the main earth on the ISO, or run to another earthing point on your car.

Won't stop it turning on.
@LaurenTayla33 what model is it? Your manual may tell you what the green wire is.

But try swapping the power and igntion wires around.

Last edited:
  A grey one
Won't stop it turning on.
@LaurenTayla33 what model is it? Your manual may tell you what the green wire is.
But try swapping the power and igntion wires around.
Sounds like the power and ignition wires are the wrong way round. Check your manual, they're the red and yellow wires in the ISO connector IIRC.

Oh and hi.

which ones are which? Good Lordy. Ok, power and ignition cables, what colour are they?
I don't have a manual which doesn't help either but I can find the online one..
It's a KVT-522DVD

A grey one
I've done it! I have no idea what I had done wrong..
But it's working! Thankyou guys, now just gonna attempt to get the sat nav working!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've done it! I have no idea what I had done wrong..
But it's working! Thankyou guys, now just gonna attempt to get the sat nav working!

Lol, they are a pain in the arse to turn on, I can never remember which button it is to do it.

Satnav is relatively easy after that. Ignition feed from the cigarette lighter, neutral and permanant 12v from the interior light.

Oh and the satnav plugs into that big red connector you tied back in the last photo of the 1st post.

A grey one
All sorted! Right pain to navigate around and the big bunch of wires didn't make it easy going in but it's in now!
just gotta study the guide so I know how to work it! :rasp:
Thanks guys!