ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New guy with his 138 Dyna S

Clio 3 2.0 138 DynaS
Hi guys,
So after having a MK1 Ford Ka for my first year of driving, thought id get myself into something nicer. Along came a 2.0 138 with 28k on and it was mine. Had it 3 days and I love it! Although it may not be an RS, its certainly a heap faster than my Ka!
IMG_2637.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
IMG_2642.JPG

Reactions: Gus

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Welcome!

There's a few non sport mk3s on here if you want inspiration or help with anything

renault clio 172
i had 1 of these before my old 197 the car was very good pretty quick as i was only 22 at the time bought it new only kept 9mths cuz i hated the colour it was eclipse grey so traded in for a new 197

My mum had one of these in black, nice little car tbh. Could do with a subtle drop though, it would look much better then.

Clio Mk3 tce
I had a Ka (tin can) and then my Clio...I know what you mean about the improvement. haha :D
Lower and wider makes a hell of a difference

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks like a decent car, nice colour. Subtle things done like springs, silver bulbs, maybe wheels (insurance pending) would make it quite pleasing to the eye.

Welcome to the club, enjoy.

Clio 3 2.0 138 DynaS
Thanks man, Coilovers, Rota Grids, Spacers and HID's are all on the shopping list. Would like an induction kid for the sound mainly, but due to the MAF sensor its proving more difficult than I imagined. Probably gonna be a foam filter like the ramair as they dont have oil coatings.

Listerine & Poledo
Thanks a lot guys :smiley:

Yeah, its a bit of a school bus at the moment. Open to Spring/Coilover suggestions (as long as the insurance stays decent declaring them)

That may be your problem.
It may also be worth resisting the urge to start "improving" your little motor there, if you start getting the bug, you'll spent several-other-cars'-worth of money on it XD

But welcome aboard, keep it on the black stuff and enjoy

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I've got a mk3 facelift non sport. Fitted coilovers a couple of years ago. I was 21 and Admiral charged me £8 for the suspension changes. I have never found mods to be an issue, just check it out.

Clio 3 2.0 138 DynaS
That may be your problem.
It may also be worth resisting the urge to start "improving" your little motor there, if you start getting the bug, you'll spent several-other-cars'-worth of money on it XD

But welcome aboard, keep it on the black stuff and enjoy
Yeah I will hold off if the insurance is an issue. Cheers, the black stuff is always the intention :D.
I've got a mk3 facelift non sport. Fitted coilovers a couple of years ago. I was 21 and Admiral charged me £8 for the suspension changes. I have never found mods to be an issue, just check it out.
I hope its the same story for me, fingers crossed
Not many of these around, decent upgrade.
Yeah your right, I traveled from the north east to reading to pick this up. According to howmanyleft theres about 450-500 I think of them. Nobody really wanted an un fuel efficient non-sport Clio haha, very niche car indeed.