ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Guy checking in from Germany

Hey guys,

my name is Philipp. I am 27 years old and currently reside in Berlin, Germany. I grew up in Bonn, which happens to be only 40mins away from an old and quite famous forest track:race:

I started my car journey off with 4 Pug 205s. My first one was, apart from some Eibach lowering springs standard 1.9Gti in anthracite, but take a look
ty6d6gfu.jpg

The second one was a black 1.6, with an 1.9 128hp engine with a Schrick cam, decat, full exhaust system and black Speedline alloys.
583cib3e.jpg

The third one was a black 205 fitted with an Mi16 engine, different cams, exhaust and KW Var. 2 suspension...But all pictures of it, have been lost due to the crash of an external harddrive.

Fourth 205 was pretty much identical to the first one, but in slightly worse condition.
yzw35qyo.jpg

After that I drove a Honda Crx Ed9 and an BMW 323ti and an Honda Eg5 ( I spare you the pics;))
Currently, I don't own a car, because I just recently finished my masters degree and therefore didn't have the income to afford one.

I always thought to get a Honda Ep3 as my next car, because it is always talked about as one of the most fun little cars to drive. And to my own shame I never really had the clio on the map, but to my own defence the clio 2 sport isn't quite as popular in Germany as it seems to be in th UK.
For me, it was always either the ep3 or a dc2. But both cars had something that threw my off somehow. The ep3 always looked a little bit like a minivan and I am not really digging the dc2's Spoiler and the fact that it is more of a 2seater.

Then I saw an old evo clip of the Clio trophy, unfortunatly we never got those in Germany:(, that changed my perception of the clio.
I started some digging and realized that the little Clios were ideal for my requirements as a fun weekend driver that is also fun on occasional track days. Plus I really like the looks of some of the Clios on Cliosport and I think it is a worthy successor of the 205. Therefore I am currently looking for a good Clio 172 in Germany. But it seems like you guys in the UK received all the good stuff when it comes to clios, because we never had the Cup versions:cry:

I hope my english is fine for you guys....

Greetings
Philipp

Clio MK3
Welcome to CS! Interesting reading, seems like you have had some nice cars :) hope you can find the Clio Sport you want!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Unfortunately the market for Clios in Germany is rather small. I am currently thinking/debating with myself about going the right-hand-drive route, which would enable me to get a cup version and would dramatically increase the choices.

ST1050, 320d
Your English is better than most native speakers. Welcome and nice 205s; I have a graphite grey 1.9 myself. (With a gti6 conversion).

Thanks again for the compliments and the german Willkommensgrüße;)

Yeah the Pug 205 Gti is imho still the benchmark for hot hatches. It had so much character and soul, altough I sometimes wished that Peugeot had offered a 16v version of it. @Eliganza , the gti-6 swap seems to be pretty popular in the UK. I was always a little bit disappointed with the Mi16 motor, especially if you compare it to the capabilities and potential of the gti-6 engine. I wish I had done that conversion instead of the Mi16, because it never really outperformed my cammed D6B engine.

I am more and more convinced with going with the right-hand drive route. There are: a) more cars to choose from b) cheaper c) better versions (cup, trophy) d) lower mileage cars available e) a reason to visit England again