ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Graphics card recommendation

Fiesta ST
I've currently got a 570gtx and it's time for a upgrade.

I've been looking at the Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC.

it's got some great reviews and solves the problem with the reference boards.

or do I go with the 780 which is slightly less performance but use my 570gtx as a PhysX card?

Cayman S Edition 1
I've just upgraded my 6950 to a gigabyte 280x windforce. Plays BF4 on ultra at 1920 res no problem.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't bother keeping the 570 GTX as a dedicated PhysX card mate. I'd buy a newer card (such as the 780 GTX or R9 290) and let that handle the graphics and PhysX. It will probably be more efficient than offloading to the 570 GTX in reality. PhysX (in terms of the GPU-runnable stuff) is not widely used and uses typically a very small amount of GPU grunt anyway. Maybe even sell the 570 for a few quid.

Fiesta ST
I couldn't be arsed waiting on stock for the custom R9 290's so went with the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Superclock.

also comes with Batman Arkham Origins, Assassins Creed Black Flag and Splinter Cell Blacklist.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I couldn't be arsed waiting on stock for the custom R9 290's so went with the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Superclock.

also comes with Batman Arkham Origins, Assassins Creed Black Flag and Splinter Cell Blacklist.

That's what I've gone for. Incredible reviews and plays pretty much everything you can chuck at it on max settings.

Should arrive today.

Yaris Hybrid
Ditto - plumped for the EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC myself. Nice GPU. :)

That is what I was going to recommend to the OP. I have a couple of vanilla 780's and even at load (and very few games push them) they are as quiet as a mouse.