ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New game needed!!!

MY10 R35 GTR
Needing a new game. Some kind of strategy thing I can spend a few hours on help pass the time when Im offhsore.

But I dont have a clue whats good. THe new command and conquer? Battlestations: Pacific?? etc

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How so? I love it...

I just think it was released to sucker-in people like me. People that thought the Red Alert series was a great parallel to the C&C franchise and liked it's OTT presentation.

But RA3 to me looks graphically on par with C&C Generals - in fact, no - worse. The unit types are really cheesy - as if school kids have been asked to draft up their ideal unit types, rather than adult developers.

It just isn't a good RTS, imo. I got bored with the campaign mode very quickly and normally I slog through, no matter how bad the RTS!

The saving grace was Tim Curry - as his hammed-up acting really suited the role. The rest was just poor. That is however, just solely my opinion. :)

D.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'll give, the units are comically bad... Crazy japanese hovering flying people shadow kill s**t, and teddy bears and s**t...

MY10 R35 GTR
ARGH! It's awful. Absolute shiote. C&C Tiberium Wars is the much better game overall.

Make sure you check out Company of Heroes. My favourite RTS at the moment and only £18 for the full series....

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9351525/Company-Of-Heroes-Anthology/Product.html

D.

Cheers Darren. I'll buy it and give it a bash. JUst need somit to pass a couple of hours when Im offshore. Cant really carry game controllers about the world with me playing race 07 hahaha

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Darren. I'll buy it and give it a bash. JUst need somit to pass a couple of hours when Im offshore. Cant really carry game controllers about the world with me playing race 07 hahaha

Make sure you DO THE TUTORIALS. Seriously, if you don't - you'll get mullered and fecked off with it in no time. Doesn't take long to do, but the game is a little baffling if you jump straight in. :)

D.

MY10 R35 GTR
Make sure you DO THE TUTORIALS. Seriously, if you don't - you'll get mullered and fecked off with it in no time. Doesn't take long to do, but the game is a little baffling if you jump straight in. :)

D.

Ive got plenty of time. Just spent 6 weeks offshore and not done any work!!!

Only worth whike thing Ive done is buy some bits for the evo. :)

MY10 R35 GTR
I'm not jealous.

At all.

Not one bit......

Git. :rasp:

D.

Hahahaha. Not bought anything special, new gauges and facia to replace the sptock dash setup, braided lines for the brakes. A different hard pipe for the intercooler. Got a tial bov sitting at home, dunno if its gona fet fitted or not.

Other possibles are a boost controller, walbre 255 fuel pump and a remap......................... should see 400 then :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hahahaha. Not bought anything special, new gauges and facia to replace the sptock dash setup, braided lines for the brakes. A different hard pipe for the intercooler. Got a tial bov sitting at home, dunno if its gona fet fitted or not.

Other possibles are a boost controller, walbre 255 fuel pump and a remap......................... should see 400 then :)

Walbro? Hmmm. When I went looking at <------ 'that' VI, Steve mentioned a few times about one being fitted to it. Funnily enough, he never did give me an honest answer of its typical MPGs..... ;)

D.