ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New FRONT UPPER RIGHT ENGINE MOUNT INSERT powerflex 172/182

Clio 172 2002
black is extremely hard, yellow is the least hard.
go black if it's a track car, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of having black mounts (which are advertised as "race") in a street car.

Great bit of kit and works very well.

Pointless fitting it on a 10+year old mount though.

But fits with the bolk mount off ebay well the one @Darius mentioned

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I'd imagine this works quite well but I've been shimming my mounts out with rubber gasket for years, costs next to nothing and no noticeable difference in vibrations or over stiffness. Makes a nice difference on a tired old mount. My personal preference is poly dog bone, shimmed new standard upper mount, vibra technics gearbox mount. Nice compromise for road and track, very little vibrations but nice keeps that engine from banging off the bulkhead.

Looking....
Christmas came early in my house :smile:

2015-12-20%2017.09.53.jpg

2003 Clio 172
Got mine fitted too......and, well......I don't know if I did it wrong, but Christ the night.....my car is like a dildo now......lol.
Srs vibrations. I expected a bit but holy god :|
Everyone else like that?

On another note......when removing one of the 3 engine mount bolts (the top ones) one of them was just spinning :(
This courtesy of the dealership that did the timing belt nearly 5 years ago now so I have absolutely no come back. In the pics above, its the lower left bolt. I managed to get it out slowly with a flat spanner underneath and it is nipped hand tight with a small spanner, but I guess my question is....what are my options?

J

BG182
Do i have to support the engine when fitting? Or am i safe to remove top mounting bracket?

Attachments

• 1450975636499-1878226393.jpg
    1450975636499-1878226393.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 189
  BG Clio 182
Yeah so I fitted this today. Just can't feel f**king any difference whatsoever basically haha! Don't get these vibrations or anything lol. Already does vibrate a bit with the polybushed dogbone so I suppose could be that!