ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Forest Meet

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
After a talk with original boy racer (Pete) atouba (Tim) Fletcher and myself we have decided to have a fairly big outing as there has not been a big meet for ages. The new forest seemed to tick all the boxes for everyone. Want to start behind the Beaulieu garage SO42 7YE, then when everyone is there we plan to take drive to the airfield just past Beaulieu for some pics http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...9894,-1.484871&spn=0.042684,0.077162&t=h&z=14

Then go for a drive to somewhere, any locals know some decent roads please do tell. If not i will take it upon myself to find some (with help i hope):evil: Then on to a pub for some munchies :) Date wise im gonna say the 18th or the 25th of july what ever is best for everyone that's pretty much a month in advance give or take a week. If we get it sorted numbers wise it would be a good idea to give the pub some notice if enough people turn up. Would like to see a good turn out for this but i know for some people sundays are not the best.

1. white striped bandit

Bugger, the 18th would fit nicely around my missus' shifts and I could come out to play. There is a German car thing at Beaulieu on the 25th so the hills will be alive to the sound of dubbers and Bimmers and Mercs and fings. Would be happy to do a tour looking for good roads, this weekend if anyone wants to join me. Remember that all roads in the Forest are 40 mph limits.

big boost cup
the new forest hotel has a huge car park not bad grub either plus some good roads near to it shame the cup is off the road other wise i would be there :(

ph1 track weapon
i take it you've seen the road to the airfield recently? if its the one i'm thinking of anyway! (just checked the link and it is) not sure i'd make it down there lol

Would definitely be interested though :D

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Started the list. I know some good roads and pubs :cool:

1. white striped bandit
2. atouba (18th or 25th)
3. Fletcher (25th)
4. Will. (25th)
5. vivalagoobs (18th or 25th)

Last edited:
  1.5dci
not sure if i'll be free either of those weekends, if i am is it a sprinted drive, or will it be just sensible driving that non-sports can do too?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Bugger, the 18th would fit nicely around my missus' shifts and I could come out to play. There is a German car thing at Beaulieu on the 25th so the hills will be alive to the sound of dubbers and Bimmers and Mercs and fings. Would be happy to do a tour looking for good roads, this weekend if anyone wants to join me. Remember that all roads in the Forest are 40 mph limits.

pete dont let us down, i was gonna say do u wanna go on a bit of a sight seeing adventure to see what is what as im not going to FOS.

Yea forgot to mention the limit is 40 everywhere, and the road down to the airfield is really poo but will report back when i know more.

Bit of a trek but i'll come to it!

Started the list. I know some good roads and pubs :cool:

1. white striped bandit
2. atouba (18th or 25th)
3. Fletcher (25th)
4. Will. (25th)
6. Nick172Cup (either day)

LY R26
1. white striped bandit
2. atouba (18th or 25th)
3. Fletcher (25th)
4. Will. (25th)
7. ash87 (either)

UR R26
1. white striped bandit
2. atouba (18th or 25th)
3. Fletcher (25th)
4. Will. (25th)
7. ash87 (either)
8. Dan' (18th)

Mondeo TDCi
1. white striped bandit
2. atouba (18th or 25th)
3. Fletcher (25th)
4. Will. (25th)
7. ash87 (either)
8. Dan' (18th)
9. Billy172 (25th)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Just been down to the airfield, the road is not too bad but there are some speed bumps and large-ish potholes. my car with its snowplough on the front never ground out. the large bit of tarmac has got a barrier round it but there is a bit of removable post to get cars in. didnt have time to look into pubs :( but there are a few i know of that have quite big car parks.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
If anyone else has got any ideas where a good location for pics please do tell i only really know about the airfield and thats it.

ph1 track weapon
add me to the list please :)

will rack my brains on some photo places. lepe country park has a few nice spots, or lymington perhaps? or is that too far out?