ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New family wagon

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@McGherkin now doesn't have the worst focus ST wannabe on here.

A058E42E-891D-41BF-B146-EC22A8905D82.png
750C98A1-56FC-4CBE-A95F-53C4355E37A2.png
5F96ABE4-5710-47FB-9CAD-A35E8C9086BF.png
5ED48FDD-791D-4F29-B559-D2362290696C.png
862E78E9-2526-44AF-9F6B-068041F03E25.png
FF1E83C2-B028-4A49-8395-0CE2D7FC3BDD.png
F5087E2C-080C-42FB-9C32-3B96E6B3591F.png
0AB2E4B6-40FF-4613-8674-6CC765156DB3.png
49485E28-CC08-4AC8-94D7-5E17E4A651B8.png

Just on the way home now, seems ok, nippy, thirsty, big.

Clio 197
didnt know these existed, you have all the storage space in that beast - you have a 'BG' plate too :blush:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I too didn't realise these were available.

1900kg, 2.5 petrol turbo, 217bhp.......my god I bet it's worse than my M3 on fuel.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
1F84ABD6-9DAA-4837-A336-8DE920C2458B.jpeg

Just home. Yeah it's not great on fuel but it sounds nice whilst burning all of it!
Motorway cruise at 80 saw 25.5 and went cross country for the last 30 miles. It dropped to 22.

But it's faster than a mpv has any right to be!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I still remember passengering down the A13 in my mates Mazda MPS when it was being pushed along by one of these, even at 130 the thing was right on our chuff. f**k knows what the chap had done to it but I was laughing my tits off!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol at 250bhp. Does the wife know it’s ‘fast’ or is still ‘practical’ kids bus?

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
@Djw John Durham Remaps have a good reputation up here from what I have heard, they have a load of videos on their facebook also of various cars in for remaps and exhausts.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tax is ok, £305 a year but will do it monthly.
Mpg, yeah... official figures say 30, not sure how that's gonna ever happen.
Is £305 the same for the standard ST hatchbacks too?

I'm guessing at over two tons with passengers, if driven 'enthusiastically' - it will eat front tyres too?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Is £305 the same for the standard ST hatchbacks too?

I'm guessing at over two tons with passengers, if driven 'enthusiastically' - it will eat front tyres too?

I've no idea tbh!

Yeah I expect so. It's on budgets just now which I was thinking of replacing ASAP but at 235/45/18 and an expected appetite for them I'll just wait and kill these fronts, buy 2 decent ones, put them on the back and rinse and repeat.
Normally only do 7k a year in the family car so hopefully it's not too horrific.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That sounds epic

Get rid of those backboxes. And the cat.

It's certainly better sounding than any other normal mpv I've heard.

I won't get to make it too loud but I've noticed it's no centre section, she won't allow a decat, it's the thing she hates most about the clios, the smell and she thinks it's bad for the kids. But yeah the backboxes are huge, quite tempted to get an IK cos then it'll only be noisy when giving it some and back to normal at a cruise. It is a family mobile after all!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I really don't like the induction noise too much personally, they sound very hoover-ey. Decat is worth it for the pops, but yeah, at the very least lose the backboxes.

You can also try removing the resonator from the inlet pipe for a slightly deeper sound, if it has it. Where the turbo inlet is, there would be a rubber bellows thing, take the top crossover pipe off and there should be a cylindrical insert in the pipe, which acts like a muffler. Get rid, should pull out.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wow. Epic family barge!

I thought it was some badged up wannabe at first, as others have said I had no idea they existed.

I wish I could get wife interested in something pokey. Nope. Our 120PS 1.5dci and 55 mpg C-Max gets her excited enough and she absolutely hates driving my car.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
OOOOOoooo I like!

That dash makes me cry though... I'd be sending all that off for paint!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'll get a listen to vids/take the lid and filter off before committing.

Cool I'll get a look and see if it has that, cheers
This is airbox lid off. (albeit with a turbo intake pipe, but should sound the same with that resonator section removed)

This is a cone.

Sorry they're both Volvos, lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Wow. Epic family barge!

I thought it was some badged up wannabe at first, as others have said I had no idea they existed.

I wish I could get wife interested in something pokey. Nope. Our 120PS 1.5dci and 55 mpg C-Max gets her excited enough and she absolutely hates driving my car.

It kinda is badged up tbh, no such thing as a S-Max ST but the engine is the right one at least. Defo gonna take the back one off cos it's squint. Undecided on the front one. Gonna take the forge sticker off, an uprated dump valve doesn't warrant it!

OOOOOoooo I like!

That dash makes me cry though... I'd be sending all that off for paint!

I'm keeping an eye out for a new hvac unit to tidy it up. New knob and gaiter too.

This is airbox lid off. (albeit with a turbo intake pipe, but should sound the same with that resonator section removed)

This is a cone.

Sorry they're both Volvos, lol

I'd expect nothing else!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow! As a Ford man I didn't even know they exist!

My brother has a rare colour s max now as my sister in law has a child minding business so it's perfect size wise.

His was titanium spec full leather and loads of options. He loves it and was a good price. God rid a high spec c-max for it and it's a great bus!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Has it got a panoramic roof too @gally? Titanium X if it does I think.
Would've liked one but mega rare with this engine it seems.

The exterior of this seems fairly good and so far no mechanical horrors, therefore it's the interior that's rank rotten.

412BCE5E-12A6-4030-921B-6F1B8BB0122E.jpeg
F8F850A9-79A9-4D7C-BDA2-C72C7EF9951D.jpeg

Yes I did take the seats out. It's had a dog in it at some point so there's a fair bit of work ahead yet. Took it too the nearest petrol station and used their hoover rather than wrecking our one. Came up ok but obviously still smells.

D423A2C3-3713-4CB7-A878-84AC630B7C6C.jpeg