ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New: F7P Turbo Project

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Haven't posted on this thread for 3 months :dapprove:, I have done no work to the engine since my last few posts, as i have been very busy getting my self on the road, i have now passed as some of you will know, I'm insured, and the car is mine!

Applied for some full time jobs, hoping to hear some replys this week, so will keep you all in the know!

Might do some more work on the engine tomorrow, think i may scrap the idea of standard pistons and just buy the forged ones, not sure yet!

Is it worth me taking some weight off my fly wheel? .. What are its advantages and what will it cost me to get it balanced again?

Nick.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Anyone?

I know if i take some weight off it, it will free up the rev's a little bit, but is it worth it in the long run? how much will it cost for ballancing? how much weight is safe to take off it? and in what areas?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
My mind has changed with what i want to do, i have worked out that next year i can afford to buy and run a ph2 172.

Have decided to call this project to an end and sell the F7P. With the money i get from that, will buy a 172 engine and turbo that, reason being it will drop straight in without drastic alterations, then when i get bored of the 172, il pull that engine out, either sell it or keep it as a backup, and drop the turbo one in.

If this engine sells soon, expect a new thread for the new project to pop up.

Thanks for everyone who has helped me with this, and for everyone who has followed my updates.

End of thread.