ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new exhaust!!!!

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
just got back from longlife after having my cat back system fitted and im very impressed!
there spot on there, really friendly and there work is second to none!

here is a couple of pics, will put a vid up as soon as i can get this sodding camera to work!

P1000295.jpg

P1000293.jpg

03 172 cup
looks a tad low in the second picture mate!
is it a 3 and half inch,slash cut,inward rolled like the prospeed one?
how much that set you back?

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
dont nowotthe prospeed ones look like but i think its a 3" slash cut in rolled.
set me back £379. not a bad price!
does look abit low! but still looks good!

VW ....
100 quid dearer than a pro-speed equivalent ....

but if it's on your doorstep .... looks like a good job tho

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
cli0 172 its about a 20min drive from me so its really easy to just pop up there if i got a prob. just out of interest where is prospeed?

it is loud, i went for a mid sport, after some advice from superfastdan,
will put some vids on tomorro nite, got the camera to work now but its to late to be reving the car, there is 2 new born babies within 50m of my house!

im having huge problems with the new exhaust I have - have been back to Longlife today and they told me to f**k off - tough s**t basically - they have ruined my car and lost loads of power and are not willing to sort it out! the exhaust is knocking underneath as well and again will not do anything about it.
TOssers - look out for a thread slating longlife later on!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Just had a new one from Prospeed fitted today. Sounds great no knocks £328 all in with the 182 surround. Charlie is a top bloke worked through his dinner hour on mine.:D

i shall be back to prospeed again myself next week i think - longlife have ruined my car - gonna get a refund off them and go back to prospeed

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
tim - the car seems abit quicker and the pick up in 3rd, 4th and 5th is better. ive only got 1 box.

from the rear.
e39ee217.jpg

from the cat back,left.
1de539c4.jpg

from the cat back, right.
06269af7.jpg

thanks - for some unknown reason I now have 3 - it sounds crap, it very restricted, knocks on the bottom of the car etc etc - It is very poor quality with dodgy bends all over the place - yours on the other hand looks mint - nice and simple and I would expect that to give you some power - mine on the other hand looks like a load of crap
The owner of longlife refused to speak to me - initially I told him that if it was a good job I would let everyone on the forum know about it but after todays b****cks service all I want to do is smash up his garage and break his legs! His exact words were b****cks to your clio and b****cks to your clio club - I dont want the bloody cars! I have been back 4 times with problems and he said that I have cost him enough already so b****cks to me - get someone else to sort it out, but he didnt have the balls to say this to my face he got one of his admin satff to do it for him and made them feel really awkward. Anyway I shall post full details in the good bad service section - keep an eye out should be a good read!

they even put an s shape bend inside the backbox - apparently to make itquiter but I dont want a quiet fookin exhaust anyway and never asked for one - this s bend is causing a huge restriction as to create the bend they have had to crush the baffe thus restricting flow- ITS CRAP!

oh and by the way Trading standards are now involved but at the moment I think I am going to go elsewhere again and get a new one then take this one back for a refund - 30 day returns rule

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
thats sounds s**t mate!got any pics of the mess?
did you go to the cardiff workshop? i got mine done at the berkeley one and they were really helpful, mite be worth poping up there and seeing if they say anything different? the dude there is sound as fuk!
hope u get it sorted, keep us updated!
are prospeed exhausts sort of the same(?) as what longlife do? custom, not really heard of them and was just wondering what the differences are?

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
finally managed to get a vid, well sort of! not very good quality as its off my fone but can sort of hear the exhaust, doesnt do it justice tho!

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/davosilvercup/car%20vids/?action=view&current=exhaust1.flv
pulled off the lights on to a short strech of D/C and got stuck behind a slower car, you can hear when i stick my foot flat to the floor just before 5k!

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/davosilvercup/car%20vids/?action=view&current=exhaust3.flv
got the misses to video, but shes never going to be a great photographer!
wind distorts the sound abit!
http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/davosilvercup/car vids/?action=view&current=exhaust3.flv

yeah I went to the cardiffworkshop - this is their head office and the bloke I am having the problems with is the owner of the company - basically he is minted and dont care about problems that he causes - once he has your money screw you!

yours definately sounds better than mine - aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh - I want kill the bloke!

Clio 182 BG FF
davo172cup said:
finally managed to get a vid, well sort of! not very good quality as its off my fone but can sort of hear the exhaust, doesnt do it justice tho!

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/davosilvercup/car%20vids/?action=view&current=exhaust1.flv
pulled off the lights on to a short strech of D/C and got stuck behind a slower car, you can hear when i stick my foot flat to the floor just before 5k!

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/davosilvercup/car%20vids/?action=view&current=exhaust3.flv
got the misses to video, but shes never going to be a great photographer!
wind distorts the sound abit!

Great sound, fooking sweet!!! Where exactly did you go to get it? My mid section is about to fall off so need to replace it asap really.
Were you reversing at your mrs ?:S? in the second vid?

timsclio172 said:
i shall be back to prospeed again myself next week i think - longlife have ruined my car - gonna get a refund off them and go back to prospeed
You have changed your tune!

timsclio172 said:
try longlife in cardiff - if you are considering Prospeed then Longlife is down the road. Quality will be twice as good and can do whatever tailpipe design you like