ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New exhaust manifold.

1.6 16v clio priv
Just got a load of money for my birthday. Im gonna get a new exhaust. Was going to im with powerflow but reading their website they dont do the manifold. Is it worth looking for a performance manifold and how much will it cost also where do i look for one.
Oh also cat back or decat. Advantages/disadvantages

Chocolate Bar™
otherwise try a custom place to make you a manifold. i shall be popping down to J R exhausts in macclesfield (i think lol) to see how much they want, but if its extreme then theres no point as theres better things to spend your money on.

1.6 16v clio priv
Thats the point.. I dont think it will give me as good a performance per pound benefit as spending elsewhere. Would a would a decat do me well without the decat. Oh would the decat affect drive ability

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
On the link posted to the German site, if you look at the manifolds page they use the same picture for the 182 manifold and sports cat that K-Tec does :)

None
They also get bits in before k-tec do - like the mk1 ph3 angel eyes. And the black mk1 ph3 angel eyes that K-tec don't even sell :)

1.6 16v clio priv
Anyone got any figures for improvement of a manifold over a simple cat back. Ill take a look at them websites later im on my phone now.

None
Hard to say - 3bhp maybe. i don't know much about the 1.6 16v's unfortunatly. I know on my 1.2 I got about 10bhp from a manifold, dec-cat and Scorpion exhuast system, panel filer and cold air feed

1.6 16v clio priv
I do know it tends to go percentage wise so thats about 12 % which on my car converts to aboiut 13bhp.
How much all that cost ya then maxx

clio 1.4 petrol
im getting a full catback system (powerflow) on my 1.4 clio 2 on tuesday ill tell you how things go. Wat tailpipe u all reckon looks best?

None
I do know it tends to go percentage wise so thats about 12 % which on my car converts to aboiut 13bhp.
How much all that cost ya then maxx

120 gbp for second hand Scorption cat back system
18 gbp for second hand de-cat
80 gbp for panel filter/relocating CAF etc
440 Euros for the manifold
200 gbp ish for fitting it all etc

(my pound sign aint working on the keyboard so bare with me)

Got rr'd at 70.49 bhp and 78lbs torque

Small exhaust vid:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/cliosportMaxx/?action=view&current=100_0397.flv

No flames as the D7f engine runs lean - Was gonna do more to the engine but the engine blew and got a replacement Clio instead

1.6 16v clio priv
ah was doing the calcs assuming 1.2 16v power the 1.2 8v is only 60 aint it
Thats a 16.6% increase so assuming the same on my engine
that takes me to 128 which aint bad really i wanna top it over 130

1.6 16v clio priv
right for the mainfiold thats £290
an exhaust about £300 from powerflow (considering a self fit though)
caf and filter from hillpower £120
thats £710 thats not bad to push me to 128
Just gotta look at what else to top me over the 130 mark

None
They are completely different engines tho so try not to get your hopes up too much. You may get nearer to 120bhp

1.6 16v clio priv
I know but working it out percentage wise is all i have to go on for now. Ill have the money on pay day on march 18th so well see and then ill start planning whats next

1.6 16v clio priv
Might see if i can get a before and after rr test. Cars running a bit sick at the min though cause the exhausts dying so wouldn't get true reading off the mods

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Supersprint do a stainless steel manifold, front section (decat), centre section and decat.

you can get it from www.motorsportworld.co.uk think its about £650 for the full system (engine back!)

get the full exhaust system mentioned above, eather go for a pannel filter or something more fancy such as a viper, get BenR to do some manifold work or even some headwork and cams if you really want to spend a lot then finish it all off with a remap.

1.6 16v clio priv
currently only lists cat back for 1.6. the only manifold listed is for the V6 at only £900.
The cat backs come in around 300 depending on brand

M

mini-valver

£280 isnt that bad for that manifold actually, might have to invest.

M

mini-valver

Prospeed and supersprint silenced decat on mine, coming back atchow ass ;)

M

mini-valver

Spanners are a wondeful invention.....
take it off before and put it back on after