ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Evo Project

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well it's been a while so thought I would post something up to keep you entertained :rasp:]

Some of you may recognize the car ;)

There are no plans, just what's being done so...

Dropped the car off today to have a wide arch conversion done which consists of wider front wings, wider rear arches, wider side skirts and wider front and rear bumpers. Whilst this is being done I am having the door handles and rear spoiler blade painted satin black. Not decided on what I am doing with the roof yet but the whole car is being resprayed in the same color.

I have already removed all stickers, wind deflectors, arial, removed bonnet mesh, sanded, primed, painted back and fitted the boost controller.

Current look...

CIMG5617.jpg

CIMG5618.jpg

Current mods.

Yellow stuff pads on rear
Carbotech XP8 pads on front
Lowered on 5zigen springs
HKS Mushroom Filter
Magnecore Ignition Leads
Sard FPR
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
3" Exhaust
Decat (Cat available)
Black Mudflaps
Large Alloy Radiator
SFS Silicone Boost Hoses
Evo 8 MR Recirc Valve
Alloy Catch Can

Once I collect it I have some nice bits to go on.

BC ER Coilovers.
K-Sport 330mm brake kit in red with EBC blue stuff pads.
Greddy R spec Intercooler with all pipes.
2nd hand Blitz SBC i-Color boost controller.
White line rear ARB.
Prorace 1.2 alloys in satin back, 17x9 with a ET22 offset.
Roll cage and seats once sourced, having a few probs.

Than I will be removing the dash + all plastics including the door cards for flocking.

Only bits I am not sure about yet is what I do with the engine, will be looking for around 450bhp with equal torque but I will be building this myself towards the back end of the year.

Car will be polybushed though out if to many bushes are shagged when they start working on the car :eek:

What's the aim??? Super light, good looking, ultra sharp handling with a very responsive engine with no lag.

Time scale to complete = 12 months....

Will update with pictures as and when they come :star:

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
was so tempted with this myself but decided i cant start looking for one until i have a place sorted, what you have planned sounds good might have it off you in a couple months when your done with it :p

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Gonna be a weapon, you'll wish you'd of built an early evo a long time ago once its finished :)

S4 Avant
This will be sold within 3 months ;)

Wondered where you'd gone TBH, last I heard you had the M5 still!

182/St Fez/Evo 9 MR
Looking good Ant. been fancying an early my self!! Just think the wife would kill me if I took another one home lol

182/St Fez/Evo 9 MR
Lol I know that feeling.

tell me you are not selling yours?

Na its not for sale Ant... just had a few really good offers on the table for it and it got me thinking!!! looking forward to the show season then shall see what happens.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Couple of pics from parts that arrived today.

Greddy Intercooler.

CIMG5643.jpg

CIMG5644.jpg

CIMG5645.gif

BC ER coilovers.

CIMG5646.jpg

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
not so keen on the early ones myself but that just because they dont look menacing enough... (narrow?!?) so when it has the wider arches that will make a world of difference i would imagine, tho not seen one with a wide arch kit on..?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
You don't f**k about! Awesome. Never seen one of those with a wide arch conversion (pics?)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
not so keen on the early ones myself but that just because they dont look menacing enough... (narrow?!?) so when it has the wider arches that will make a world of difference i would imagine, tho not seen one with a wide arch kit on..?

It makes a massive difference to the look, wider track, and wider alloys :)

mildx20005-1.gif

DSC03110.gif

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Oh that makes it a lot meaner looking! Will look forward to seeing how this goes

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Thats does look much much better and not tacky! What realistic weight could you get it down to?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Wide arch looks great from the front but not 100% on the rear. Brakes look laaavely. Whats size rotors?

CBR1K, F21 125D
They are terrible, tried and tested.

And on many track day forums.

I Soon sold the dirty Thai knock offs.

Check the tolerances on some of it! awful. Should have got XYZ or AP/Alcon et for the sake of £100-200

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
  ValverInBits
Nice car. Why did you go for an early one this time around. Was it a cost thing? or just fancy a change?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nice car. Why did you go for an early one this time around. Was it a cost thing? or just fancy a change?

Bit if both really. Wanted something different to the rest of the pack, only a handful of wide arch earlys done. It won't be to everyones taste obviously but neither are the later models.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
lol @ people knocking ksport.

The quickest scooby in time attack last year ran ksports. A lot of the big power sprint boys on mlr run ksports.

Kenny 1 who holds the track record at 3 of the well known sprint circuits in the uk has ksports on the front of his 620bhp evo 5.

Its all about the pads