ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new engine (plus car build thread)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
box is limited to about 170 i think with the ratios... if i got a diff off of an auto and put it in... its closer to 190mph.... had it to 140ish and it felt like my mums mx5 doing 110 lol! just calm and no issues :) i wouldn't want to go much faster tbh!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
a big aim of mine is to crack 200mph. car wise im upto 174 which was an aston v8 vantage. been 185 on the back of a bike. im sure ill achieve it some day : ).

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I've been passenger in a couple cars over 200, r32 skyline.... had a ride in a bentley flying spur or whatever it is (the 4 door continental gt) with 4 people in it around brunters at 180+

Astra SRI/ Hornet
did that lad with the red rx7 ever break that record? remember reading a big thread on it. might have been a mile in a certain time iirc.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
did he f**k lol, he was talking a lot but nothing happened... he crashed the car on ice and is now building a track car which was going to be a time attack car but has been changed to just an occasional track toy lol!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
thought i hadnt heard anymore about it. lol he was going for 650bhp wasnt he? thats getting on for hand grenade territory that. lol oh and ive noticed a few creepin up on ebay for just over 3k, wont be long ; ).

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ha 650 isn't hard tbh, gearbox won't last though mines on its last legs... will prob go rx8 6 speed box when i need to! yeh they are getting cheaper....

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I read around 700bhp was about the limit then the engines really don't last that long and become unpredictable. That was rx7 forum which is American so could be bullshit. There's a fella on eBay rebuilds them from 1900 Inc vat. Think that lad with the red rx7 we just talked about used him. There's a one on eBay with engine trouble for 2k so possibly a rebuilt rx7 for 3.9k.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
kev i have seen ones with say water seals gone sell for 1500 mint body work etc... if you take the engine out your self (recon i can do it in about 1-2 hours max) stick the engine in a boot of another car, drive to birmingham and get era and colum to strip, and port it then build it back up (they will port for like 150-200 i think it is and then 150 to rebuild) you supply all the parts so say a seal kit... thats 900 if you don't need tips or side seals or springs you are good for a ported block for like 1300 quid and they are pretty much the best porters in the uk.... that includes painting the block etc, take it home put all the alternator etc back on, and drop it back in, 3 or so hours to refit... save a bundle of cash.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I don't have the tools, garage or the knowledge to take the engine out and put it back in though. Lol

Doesnt that 3.7k one have the most ridiculously sized spoiler in the world on? Lol there's 2 red ones simarly priced and a black one for 3.3k with a aftermarket front bumper.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol at big spoiler!!! the blue one has knightsports headlights... worth 600 quid on their own lol.

This thread keeps making me look on ebay for engines I dont have a car for yet :(

On topic, you should get the boot spoiler only imo, that with feed arches and maybe some bigger/brighter wheels will look epci.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
do you run AI malice? interesting stuff, just read a thread about rotaries being bomb proof if you take away the heat that the badly designed turbos and mani create.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
no I'm not running ai or water injection, on the verge of selling my stuff i got for it... but i keep wanting to keep it! been offered a swap of the kit i have for a boot spoiler! sooooo tempted.

rx7's work well with water yes! some people map the car to take in to account the water injection, if well when i use it i will have the car mapped and use it as a safety precaution if you map with it, if you run out of water you run massive risk of the engine blowing quick lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
The benefits it gives I'd get it on. But I suppose you have a single turbo and mani so a lot of the heat will be reduced anyway, but it's supposed to reduce carbon build up aswell which is obviously good for the engine in the long run.
If you run the kits digitally it shuts everything down before any damage is done according to what I read. People are using water mixed with screen wash. Lol
How much does it use up? We talking a litre a tank of petrol or more?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
The benefits it gives I'd get it on. But I suppose you have a single turbo and mani so a lot of the heat will be reduced anyway, but it's supposed to reduce carbon build up aswell which is obviously good for the engine in the long run.
If you run the kits digitally it shuts everything down before any damage is done according to what I read. People are using water mixed with screen wash. Lol
How much does it use up? We talking a litre a tank of petrol or more?

to be honest the kit i have is a pretty basic kit, boost sensor that you adjust so when boost hits a certain pressure it turns the pump on... and it pulses with an ignition pulse... but its a smallish pump and over a bar it struggles and won't really shift the water i want it to shift! i would much rather buy a better kit around xmas and i don't really intend on driving it hard as i want to keep it working lol!!! as for how much water it uses it is only activated when it sees boost, so normal driving it won't use any water, you would set the boost switch for .5bar for instance so any boost under that it won't activate, over that it will...

as for screen wash yeh its a good idea contains meth, but as a safety feature water is fine, meth should give a little increase in power... in world war 2 spitfires came fitted with water and meth injection, pilots had a button to push and it would give a boost of power for those times they needed to fuckoff lol!

as for you sukhi, you played an important role lol!!! its about time i saw your little fluffy head again lol!!!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah I believe there's an updated AI nick named AI HD. Lol which has realised about using boost as a switch is not the best way to go. I'll link the thread later on here. Fella knows his s**t he raced rotaries in 24 hour races for a long time and still owns an rx7.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ok removed the wiper and washer jet....

ae024de1.jpg

also guy with the spoiler has sent me some new pics of a car with the roof spoiler... i like it I'm 99% sure I'm gonna go for it :D

Picture054.jpg

Monaco 172
Think the boot spoiler makes the roof spoiler look ok, not a massive fan but it's your car so go for it!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
just re painted the dash pieces, white was looking a bit shitty so went back to black and used a textured paint first so it is the same as a 99spec dash plastics...

066fbe91.jpg

also on this piece on the left of the raised elbow rest there was 2 buttons that weren't used so i smoothed it in :) thinking of changing the handbrake boot for a black alcantara one

c0e571ee.jpg