ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new engine (plus car build thread)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
thats all the emissions s**t that americans have to have fitted, there is like 5 extra parts on the USDM engine to lower emissions than the uk or jap model had lol! makes it sound like an electric engine :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
new exhaust fitted today :) think I'm the only car in the UK with one of these fitted!!!

262464_10150754491460054_636365053_20282221_931196_n.jpg
sounds less in your face, you can actually talk in the car and it sounds sooooo good!!! will post a sound clip/video either tomorrow or monday :)

Evo 6, E92 320d
Hmm, not my taste, prefer the Amemiya turned down tip personally, big money I bet though. Looking sweet though.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I might get a dolphin tail at some point... Looks much better in person it's staggered exits so it's different looking :) will take better pics tomorrow

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
VIDEO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is the first, just an idle and rev clip of the st mays shotgun... there is another being uploaded at the moment of drive by's etc.... ignore the filming on the second clip had to get my mother to hold the camera and well.... it took like 20 attempts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Actually sounds good that. Not a fan of the tail pipes but its not my car, im sure your very happy with it!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

second vid! again ignore the filming lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
  CBR1K, F21 125D
I know this road :)

Sounds better.

On a side note, I have just taken delivery of a single piece Car make CORN*S Exhaust

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Thanks for the comments :)

Insurance hnmmm that's a tricky one yeh it group 20 but it's import too... I'm 26 and pay 700 fully comp all covered.... Most places won't insure under 25's I had alot of trouble next time I renue I will be sticking it on classic car insurance and it will cost me £250 for a year...

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Fooking hooligan! lol

Sounds nice though, will keep an eye out for it as often around your area.

Thanks for the comments :)

Insurance hnmmm that's a tricky one yeh it group 20 but it's import too... I'm 26 and pay 700 fully comp all covered.... Most places won't insure under 25's I had alot of trouble next time I renue I will be sticking it on classic car insurance and it will cost me £250 for a year...

ohh ok awesome cheers!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
can't make my mind up... do i or don't i??

14b23082.jpg

08e094a1.jpg

5eaa92e9.jpg

b2cf36a7.jpg

a9f71003.jpg

3b11b836.jpg

roof spoiler incase you want to know wtf I'm on about! lol!!!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
second pic without the roof lip imo.out of interest as ive been driving a mates mk2 mx5 all day is the rx7 a similar drive to the rx7? obviously with a lot more power.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the rx7 is very similar to the rx7 lol! to an mx5... hnmmm not far off, similar seating position and feel well to a mrk3 and 3.5 mx5 they are very similar... the mx5 is a shorter wheel base the rx7 is more predictable in a slide than a mx5... stock vs stock very very similar handling and ride wise power the rx7 stock if running the stock sequential twin turbo settup you don't feel lag just 2 solid kicks and revs that don't seem to stop, if its been converted to non sequential you just get 1 solid push and loads of revs with power all the way through... single turbo its much more of a shuv than a push and a big single its like getting hit with a hammer on the back of the head when boost comes on... genuinely the couple times i have booted it i have gripped the wheel so hard and bottled it or ran out of road before i get above 5krpm...

my car is scary to drive and had a couple people in it (bearing in mind I'm still running it in so no full throttle yet) and at 1/4 throttle they have grabbed for handles and said s**t! thats at .8 of a bar too lol! 1.2bar is gonna be mental!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
yeah i meant similar to an mx5. lol its outside my house now a 2004 1.8 euphonic or some s**t. feels slow but i like the feel of the drive apart from hitting my elbow off the transmission tunnel every time i change gear. lol backend wouldnt slip either with it being dry.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you aren't trying hard enough then lol! the trans tunnel is there to rest your arm on.... thats how your supposed to drive them, not with your arm in the air like a clio lol! u don't bang your elbow then... i can get my mums mrk 3.5 to slip out in the dry with an open diff lol! try harder

CBR1K, F21 125D
Pop the clutch if its not doing it with throttle input, I can get it out easy with a version 2 torson RS diff and Hankook RS2'

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Really nice mate definitely the rear spoiler and not the roof one.. It sounds amazing!! Plus looks awesome! I bet that's really quick, :). My 1.2 will own you! ... Or not :dead:

Astra SRI/ Hornet
you aren't trying hard enough then lol! the trans tunnel is there to rest your arm on.... thats how your supposed to drive them, not with your arm in the air like a clio lol! u don't bang your elbow then... i can get my mums mrk 3.5 to slip out in the dry with an open diff lol! try harder

It ain't my car remember. I've no doubt it comes out but I'd say it's tame for a rear driver. Rx8 I drove was far more happy to bring the rear out.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
thats because of the chassis length difference... a longer wheel base slides easier, thats why the majority of good ae86 drifters are pretty much the best drivers you will find, a rx7 doesn't drift well stock because the wheels don't have enough angle on the front... sbodies have more angle and you can get even more a piece of piss! mx5 is a short wheel base makes it harder to slide and keep sideways....

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Think he said a page or two back. Think he said he'd put 15k iirc into it.

I wonder what the top speed is on it. Lol gotta be close to 200mph with that kind of power as they look a slippery car dynamic wise.

Last edited: