ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New discs and pads.............

BG 182
Brembo high carbons can be found for around £40 from G 172 (a trader on here). Pads are down to what you generally use the car for but I feel the standard renaultsport brakes aren't that great.

225 Cup & Williams
Brembo HC disc's and OEM pad's if they are for road use I have this set up on my 172 and they work really well.

Silver Renault Clio 182
Brembo were doing the hc's for 45 delivered and nw performance be cheapest for rears. Lots of guys on here say leave rear standard and upgrade on front as back ones do a lot. I'm just waiting to fit all my new ones ready for the summer.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
use the the trader g 172 on here like said above
Do this, he is really good ;) :rasp:

Just to clear up I am £45 for these.

Also Brembo were never selling HC's for £45, "the brembo shop" were, which has/had nothing to do with Brembo what so ever. Infact Brembo shut that site down and threatend to stop supplying them if they didn't change their site name hence "next day".

cheers

George

Lionel Richie
you must be making next to nothing on them fella, i know its not worth me selling them (and postage is a t**t!)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I dont make a right lot on them mate as you can imagine but i had no choice really.I said i would price match the cheapest place for them so had to stand by that. Your right about postage, they're not light!
I may have to return to my original pricing, as obvioiusly dont want the same to happen to me with Brembo.

Clio Sport 172
Just bought a 172 and it has had new rear pads fitted. The chap had them fitted 3 weeks ago but it hasnt been driven for 3 weeks. I didnt notice when i bought the car but its making a weird noise when when coming to a stop. Like somethings catching every revolution. You can only hear it between 5mph-0mph. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks, Tom

S'trollin on size 7s
ive just been quoted £195 fitted, for front discs and pads on my 172, whats your thoughts on that price Fred? its at RS Murrays as we speak already in for the engine re-building after a lovely cambelt failure.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Do this, he is really good ;) :rasp:

Just to clear up I am £45 for these.

Also Brembo were never selling HC's for £45, "the brembo shop" were, which has/had nothing to do with Brembo what so ever. Infact Brembo shut that site down and threatend to stop supplying them if they didn't change their site name hence "next day".

cheers

George

why did brembo shut it down they would of got loads of business from them?:S

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
why did brembo shut it down they would of got loads of business from them?:S

Because it undersells the brand. Brembo does not need one company starting a massive price war in the UK. Overall it could drive sales down as retailers stop selling as they cannot match the price.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Because it undersells the brand. Brembo does not need one company starting a massive price war in the UK. Overall it could drive sales down as retailers stop selling as they cannot match the price.
Spot on mate

so basically, you are saying get in quick before they become pointlessly expensive lol

To be fair the majority of traders on here are under RRP on these anyways, and it isn't pointless as we have overheads to cover mate.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
so basically, you are saying get in quick before they become pointlessly expensive lol

I think you are highlighting the problem nicely. Basically this company was selling under trade price, customers then expect that price and then complain when the price is realistic and can support the retailers selling it by making enough profit for them to function.

GB 182 FF
Not saying you cant make a profit etc, but that company had to be selling them at some sort of profit (unless they are a bit mad and use it as a tax write off for another business), so is it Brembo themselves being a bit naughty with price fixing etc?

I dont wish to start an argument, its just if one company is able to sell for a low price, then all should be 'close' (dont have to match), I mean look at the variance in price of stuff from Merlin, tweeks, indies etc.

clio 172 silver ph1
hi g172
i need new pads and discs, can you advise me the best set up for fast road use, and how much it would cost me?
thanks joni

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Not saying you cant make a profit etc, but that company had to be selling them at some sort of profit (unless they are a bit mad and use it as a tax write off for another business), so is it Brembo themselves being a bit naughty with price fixing etc?

I dont wish to start an argument, its just if one company is able to sell for a low price, then all should be 'close' (dont have to match), I mean look at the variance in price of stuff from Merlin, tweeks, indies etc.

some companies seem happy to make £1 or £2 profit and then try to sell hundreds to make it work as they squease the competition out.

G172 iv tryed PMin you but doesnt seem to b working... can u pm me please basicaly im intersted in some front disks :) thanks