ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New DERV - Fiesta Titanium X

Another thread for a car that doesn't actually exist yet!

Put my order down at the end of october for a new Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium X and will be taking delivery around Christmas.

Here's a few pictures of one identical:

ford-fiesta-LB13LJK.jpg

ford-fiesta-LB13LJK.jpg

ford-fiesta-LB13LJK.jpg

ford-fiesta-LB13LJK.jpg

ford-fiesta-LB13LJK.jpg

Spec:

• Heated Half leather "sport" style seats
  • Keyless entry (+Ford MyKey)
  • Ford SYNC (+Bluetooth, USB and Aux)
  • Push button start
  • Leather steering wheel and handbrake
  • Cruise Control
  • Auto lights and wipers
  • Climate control
  • Chrome Grill
  • Chrome scuff plates
  • Premium mats
  • Powerfold Mirrors with puddle lamps
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Auto-dimming rear view mirror
  • DRLs
  • Privacy Glass
  • Centre arm rest
  • Hill start assist
  • Sony DAB + 8 speakers

Optional Extras
  • Panther Black paint
  • 17" alloy Wheels

Gone for something super comfy with my commute back and forth to see my missus, got a good deal through work, and will probably hang on to it only for about 9-12 Months before swapping it out :) Something tells me Diesel STs might be making a return, so one of them may be on the cards if I still have decent mileage.

Taking delivery sometime at the end of this month and well excited for my first new car. Having a cheap to run car (warranty) also opens up the possibility of a cheap play thing once a few other things are paid off and the next pay grade rolls in.

J'heez, decent spec !

This marque and the one before of Fiesta are great, far superior to any other marque.

Yeah I never stop hearing praise for the mk7 and facelifts. It's ny first car that's not a Clio, so I'm excited to see the difference in handling and ride. Went for super high spec since I could afford an ST, just couldn't justify running one on my mileage.

Fiesta ST-2
I can't personally see a diesel ST happening. Considering the spec I bet it's not far from the price of a ST?

I can't personally see a diesel ST happening. Considering the spec I bet it's not far from the price of a ST?

I read somewhere on Evo it was being heavily considered, it wouldn't surprise me if a twin turbo diesel was released at least for the focus, and ford announced at the mustang reveal they had news for the ST line to be announced next year. Would be nice!

It's about on par I think, should have been around 18k on that spec.

Them wheels are massive!

Lovely cars though, I'd have one without doubt. They are brilliant to drive and with this engine I'd imagine that they are fairly nippy too.

Them wheels are massive!

Lovely cars though, I'd have one without doubt. They are brilliant to drive and with this engine I'd imagine that they are fairly nippy too.

Makes it stand out a little more than those ugly "star" type five spoke jobbies.

Hoping you'll be right on the nippy front! It's a second slower to 60 that my Clio, but hopefully it won't be too noticeable.

Makes it stand out a little more than those ugly "star" type five spoke jobbies.

Hoping you'll be right on the nippy front! It's a second slower to 60 that my Clio, but hopefully it won't be too noticeable.
I prefer the 16" wheel trims over those alloys you mentioned!

At work we have the little 1.5TDCi Ecoboost jobbies. They are nippy for a little car and brilliant fun to drive. We have one 95 PS 1.6 TDCi start/stop as well and that is the same, they handle really well too and the gearboxes are probably the best I've used.

A Titanium X would be a perfect all-rounder. You'll love it especially with that spec :)

I prefer the 16" wheel trims over those alloys you mentioned!

At work we have the little 1.5TDCi Ecoboost jobbies. They are nippy for a little car and brilliant fun to drive. We have one 95 PS 1.6 TDCi start/stop as well and that is the same, they handle really well too and the gearboxes are probably the best I've used.

A Titanium X would be a perfect all-rounder. You'll love it especially with that spec :)

Not sure which ones these come with as standard, 15" or 16", theres about 8 wheel choices on ford.co.uk.

I had a blast in the 1.0L petrol ecoboost, the gearbox was nice in that and was a lovely drive. I almost got the Stop/Start TDCi, but its another grand on top, just for low resistance tyres, lowered suspension, and the stop start. Couldn't warrant it.

Looking forward to cruise control and heated seats on long winter evening drives :D

Off to pay up the deposit today and sign all the paper work :) Car was in Cologne when I called yesterday. With any luck it will be in the UK, prepped at dagenham, and out to the dealership before christmas shutdown (Which is next friday/sunday I believe). Would be nice to have it before christmas, it'll be New year if not!

I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with the keyless system. Supposedly it's just walk up to the car with it in your pocket/bag, car unlocks when you pull the handle, and the pushbutton will work as long as the key is detected somewhere in the car! As much as I love my cliosport keyring, it does half make a racket banging against the steering column.

5.jpg

Ahaha I've never tried it before! I'm just too used to having my key in my hand and pressing it as I get in/out the car, its going to be a change of habit is all.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Ahaha I've never tried it before! I'm just too used to having my key in my hand and pressing it as I get in/out the car, its going to be a change of habit is all.

The hard part is when you come to driving another car without keyless. Several times now I've gone back to my g/fs car to find I left the key in the ignition when I got out.

320d
Lovely specced car that mate. If you only keep it 12 months will you not take a huge hit of depreciation? That said it's the most desirable spec so shouldn't be hard to move on. Enjoy it.

Lovely specced car that mate. If you only keep it 12 months will you not take a huge hit of depreciation? That said it's the most desirable spec so shouldn't be hard to move on. Enjoy it.

Cheers. I got it on ford options, so I can swap it out after 9-12 months for another model and use this as the deposit, perfect if my mileage drops soon.

Don't get hit by depreciation too badly either, got a very good discount so it's not so bad.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Looks good. Still not decided if I like the new fiestas, I love the front, just the newer fiestas size wise compared to mine are HUGE.

What type of engine is it? As its the same BHP as mine, so wondering what engine is in this?

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Mine has keyless start but not keyless entry, it's easy when you get the hang of it. Get in, clutch down, push button, job done.

When I borrow someone else's car though I constantly leave the key in my pocket when I get in the car.:eek:

320d
Cheers. I got it on ford options, so I can swap it out after 9-12 months for another model and use this as the deposit, perfect if my mileage drops soon.

Don't get hit by depreciation too badly either, got a very good discount so it's not so bad.

Ideal then.

Unbelievable how much kit you can get a Fiesta these days.

Okay, deposit finally paid in full, car is currently on the boat UK bound, with any luck, I'll have it before next week is out.

Ideal then.

Unbelievable how much kit you can get a Fiesta these days.

Very very true! Even more unbelievable when it's all for 13k ;)

love it shame you cant have the dress up kit on the Titanium X :(

Massive massive shame, the one thing I couldn't get ):

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
What does the titanium x get over the titanium?

Heated seats, auto lights and wipers....what else?

What does the titanium x get over the titanium?

Heated seats, auto lights and wipers....what else?

Additional to Titanium:

• 16" 12-spoke alloy Wheels (Paid for 17"s anyway)
  • Heated sports-style front seats
  • Partial leather seats in charcoal Black with silver fabric
  • Ford KeyFree system including Ford Power Starter Button
  • Electric windows front and rear
  • Stainless steel scuff plates
  • Rear centre head restraint
  • Body Colour front bumper with black painted chrome-rimmed lower grille
  • Fog lights with black painted surround and Chrome finish
  • Leather-trimmed steering wheel with charcoal black stitching and midnight symphony accent ring insert on rim
  • Front and rear premium velour mats with metal grey stitching

Not been on in a bit, so thought i'd offer a bit of a review after knocking up a fair few miles on it.

Can see how people comment on the handling of the fiestas, stunning compared to my old DCi. Imagine the ST must be wonderous (and maybe a possibility in a few months, we'll see). So much more sturdy around corners, and settles a lot better on motorways.
Gearbox is brilliant, so smooth and never had a hitch, also has a kind-of rev-matching assist, where it will hold the revs in place for just a second when you blip the throttle. Even on a derv it's been really handy to help me practice my rev matching.

Toys like Cruise control and heated seats are a god send on cold mornings and longer journeys, and am averaging about 60mpg give or take through long journeys and shorter ones, but I don't drive around town a lot. The only downside is the smaller tank than the Clio really, feels like i'm filling up even more! only downside is having hit a pothole and took out the front driverside tyre, was the 4th person at work to hit a pothole, not as bad as this poor guy:

1555400_10201210384403608_244199886_n.jpg

Not a lot more I can say really. Enjoying it, it's as comfortable as it looks. A few colleagues have picked up zetec's/ Zetec-S' recently, and you can really tell the difference in things like the Sony DAB which handles music a lot better, more attractive screen, etc. and the DRL's really help it stand out a little over the lower specs.

Would upload a few pictures, but have had my brand new HTC stolen this week!