ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New coilovers fitted - excessive bounce

mgd

Clio 182
Fitted some Gaz coilovers and compared to the cheapo coilovers in the car they make the car bounce like crazy.

this is a track only car apart from I drive it to the track and back.

Any ideas on what way I would start to adjust this to take the bounce away?

springs fitted as advised as 400/325

any help greatly appreciated.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Assume they are adjustable ones ?

Put the damper rate on to full soft and increase it as you see fit. If they are like my old GAZ ones, and like most other adjustable models, you've got ~30 steps from soft to hard.

mgd

Clio 182
Thanks for the reply, Yes they are adjustable.

the rears have a click feeling, the fronts just turn.

I will get them set to full soft settings and go from there.

Assume they are adjustable ones ?

Put the damper rate on to full soft and increase it as you see fit. If they are like my old GAZ ones, and like most other adjustable models, you've got ~30 steps from soft to hard.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, people tend to set gaz at 'hard as I can' and they just bounce like mad

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Been looking at what coilovers to get when I get my 1*2 and people don't tend to rate GAZ coilovers.

For the price of GAZ coilovers, I'd have gone with AP's but I suppose that isn't an option now you've bought them.