ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio

Ph1 172 & others
has anyone on here got a new clio? i know a few are waiting for the RS before any decisions are made.

cock mobile.
I've seen a few around now, and I'm coming around to the shape, I think I'm going to fall in love with the RenaultSport.

Better get saving :(

Red Clio 197 F1
Not seen any on the road yet!

I luv the RS look, but certainly not going to rush in and get one. Renault are bound to have lots of variants coming out over the years.

MKIII 138
saw my first on the road today, dunno what model, spec but it was silver had body coloured bumpers and tiny, tiny wheels well into the arches, looked like another euro box like a micra in fact.

lost some funkyness imo. but then again its a better all round car.

having said that so is a murcielargo but id still prefer Diablo VT !

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I've only seen a black Mk3 Clio...looked okay, nowt special. Looking forward to the launch of the RS Mk3 though - the shape is growing on me, but as said above i'll probably wait a while, until the other RS variants filter through.

Tyson.

cock mobile.
Yer I'll defo wait for a Cup / Trophy version before considering a change.

I think late summer Paul.

Mégane RS
i've seen a few around too, also seen the ones that they have kitted up in Renault, looks good

172 Cup
sh33n said:
Yer I'll defo wait for a Cup / Trophy version before considering a change.

I think late summer Paul.

Cheers Sean, im def interested in seeing and driving one! would prob wait till the prices come down a little though.

B-road bully
yeah, ther cool, dont lik the seats in them tho, hardily no side support at all tho, n a bet it rolls lik all french cars...

LY V6 with Recaros
I hated them when i first saw them, and i don't think the pics really do it justice, i saw my first one on the road yesterday, and its quite nice! I dont love it, but get the feeling i'll like the rs!

There nice cars I like them more toys than the old one.
I'm waiting for the RS model but it should be stunning based on the stock cahssic with a wider front end.

Burbler
I booked a test drive of a current Mk2 Ph2 RS late last year and they reckoned I should wait until the RS Mk3 came out which they said would be sometime between Feb and April, can't remember exactly, I was only ringing to waste there time :evil: :eek:

Golf R/Leon FR
my nextdoor neighbour has one not that bad now maybe just used to it now!!!

ill wait till the RS3 comes out and decide if i like

I saw the flame red RS3 in Paris and if they keep the exterior like that to production I'll be off down to the stealers, it is stunning.

Normal Mk3s are a nice drive; my flatmate just left Renault but brought home a petrol and diesel for a sneaky test drive, was quite impressed with the diesel actually. Did I just say that?!:eek: :D

Zebrs said:
I saw the flame red RS3 in Paris and if they keep the exterior like that to production I'll be off down to the stealers, it is stunning.

Normal Mk3s are a nice drive; my flatmate just left Renault but brought home a petrol and diesel for a sneaky test drive, was quite impressed with the diesel actually. Did I just say that?!:eek: :D
The interier is different than the models seen on diplay. Most noticable is the seats arn't like they are in the models.
The dci is very good see what you think of the gearbox I've yet to try one but its the same design box as in the new RS model.

mk1 phase 3
seen the silvery blue type colour mark 3 a few weeks back. looked just like all the other new cars. sure the renaultsports are going to me much better. does anybody know if it is the 2ltr turbo or is it still a non turbo?

edde said:
The interier is different than the models seen on diplay. Most noticable is the seats arn't like they are in the models.
The dci is very good see what you think of the gearbox I've yet to try one but its the same design box as in the new RS model.

Interior will be different, granted (why I only mentioned the exterior ;) ). However, I reckon the only major changes inside will be the seats, the dash etc is the same as the lesser versions and that wheel is cool!

One of the first things I noticed was the gearbox on the Mk3, nice action and a light clutch. Maybe that's just compared to my 172 clutch though. Only 5 speed, was hoping new RS would be a 6 so motorways aren't such an effort.

Hopefully 172 soon
yeah they look nice on the outside however im not to sure about the quality of the interior. i sat in one at a garage and almost broke bits off it!!!

typical french build quality LOL

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We're apparantly getting our RS demonstrators in may, can't wait!

NEW CLIO DYN S DCI 106
got me new clio last fri.
got the dci 106 well inpressed just pulls in 3rd 4th and 5th
aint had no disasters with the interior yet touch wood
just waiting 4 the engine to open up then will see what its like .;)