ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Sport (300bhp 4WD)

MK1 PH3 RSi
Hi, I heard that in sept 06 Renault will be releasing a rally version of the new clio. Its set to have 300 bhp and 4WD. Not sure how many will be made,but they will be on sale to the Jo public.

The same power as my mates GTO (Spaceship,lol) which bloody shifts but in a pocket rocket. I want one, selling my 182 to put a deposit on it.!!!

That will be a monster.

erm, have a look on rs-team.org - its all in french by the way... there was some talk of it in the middle of December on there.

300 BHP is WRC Output and 4x4 would make it as effective as maybe the 206 was / 307 is. So why would Renault not consider putting together a Factory / Renault & Sodemo Package to compete in WRC?

Whilst I am sceptical about the post that says it here, it could make sense...

IF it were a package then it could be sold to the public in the same way that the Group N Ragnotti Rally Car, the Clio Cup Race cars and the Super 1600 Kits were sold - available through R-Sport in Wimbledon.

I must clarify that I do not think that this is likely - AT ALL

/y0z

Last edited:
  MK1 PH3 RSi
I work at Renault and tend to hear things that i maybe shouldnt!!!!!

Also a RS V6 Megane, to celebrate the F1 win, only availible in F1 blue.

Shut Up.

Yes there is an F1 Celebration Magane, but it is NOT going to be a V6.

It is 225 BHP - http://www.automobile.lycos.fr/mag/actualite/article.php?id=1194

here's a review.

It has the Megane 225 Trophy Kit - 4 Pots, Uprated Suspension and Spangly Wheels. Also Traction is able to be switched OFF apparently.

The V6 Powered Megane of which you speak is the 3.5 Nissan (NISMO) Powered Megane Trophy Race car which will NOT come to the road. It is the car that runs in the RWS (Renault World Series) ;-)

/y0z

Some More for you:

http://www.leblogauto.com/2005/12/renault_megane_.html

theduckeatspork said:
lol, hasnt the F! megane already been docked in the UK? isnt it just a special edition cup style 225?

Yup - its coming as a new cup they said.

Last edited:
BIG D said:
I work at Renault and tend to hear things that i maybe shouldnt!!!!!

and then we all wonder why the dealers are full of such s**t...

There must be a renault dealers grapevine where they play Chinese whispers.

They are going to be selling the Espace F1 as a roadcar next year to celebrate the moonlandings... :S

The dealers then give you all the b****cks about the cars when you go and look at them... I went in and said I was looking at a V6 a few months ago (they had on in the showroom) and asked what I was planning on doing with it. I said I was going to throttle body it... They said oh no, you don't need to do that, it already has 6 individual throttle bodies... they are just hidden by the plenum chamber... I raised an eyebrow...

lol

/y0z

MK1 PH3 RSi
Fair doo's i stand mistaken. Thanks for the link to the French website thou.

Has anyone got any info on the new clio sport, I know they are gonna run the F4R in it until the new M4R is ready, but am unsure if its gonna be turbo'd or not?

Clio v6
Where is that dealer y0z2a? I will take mine in and show them the throttle bodies and tell them its totally standard lol

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
dont big companies start rumours to build up speculation?

because we may have stumbled accross something?

;)

Last edited:
  Megane Mk4
BIG D said:
Hi, I heard that in sept 06 Renault will be releasing a rally version of the new clio. Its set to have 300 bhp and 4WD.

Errrr ......

jim.jpg

:rasp: :D

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
is the F4R the same engine as what is in the 182/172 at present?