ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio install questions

I have just got a new clio and i want to put in some comps in the front doors,

1) Will most mid sections for the comps fit into the doors of the new clios without any spacers

2)will spacers prevent me form using original factor speaker covers

3)Is it hard to fit the tweeters were the stock ones are (in the dash) - should i just leave the stock tweaters and install the new ones somewere else??

4)should i relpace the back speakers (or will it not make enough difference as they are too small ect...)?? or should i leave them and put some 6x9s in the rear shelf - dont want a sub at the mo,

Thanks guys

Running off an Alpine CDA7894RB

Lionel Richie

6x9s answer NO

Tweeters, you have to take the top of the dash off to change them

front and rear speakers are 13cm or 5.25inch

Most componenets will fit in the door without causing any problems. If you upgraded and used spacers then you should still be able to use the factory covers but it depends how you go about it.

With the tweeters, It is usually best to have them as close to the mid driver as possible. You could put them on the dash facing up at the windscreen whcih is another popular choice.

If you arent planning on fitting a sub at the moment I would recommend a set of 13cm comps in the rear. They will sound better than 6x9s or coaxials and then if you do eventually add a sub then you can still use them. 6x9s are useless with a sub.

Good choice of headunit by the way...very nice those!!

Russ

if im on a budjet is the best option a pair of comps in the front and coxails in the rear, - but spend about 3/4 of the money on the fornts??

when u say i could still use the comps in the rear if i got a sub- does that mean i couldnt use a pair of coxails??

You could use a set of coaxials but the comps would sound better and take more power. That would be helpful if you arent running a sub. If you are on a tight budget then you may only be able to get coaxials. Either way you will get some kind of rear fill to balance the system up.