ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio fan

Hello all, this is my first post here on these forums.

I used to drive a 2008 1.2 Corsa Club until about 2 months ago until I was hit by a driver that jumped out of a giveway and wrote it off. I have now sorted all the insurance procedures out and I am looking at some 2007/2008 Clios.

The choice is out of a 1.2 TCE Dynamique S/SX or a 1.5 DCi Dynamique S/SX (106HP).

I just wanted to know how the DCi produces 106hp since there seems to be 66hp and 86hp versions of the same engine. Also what sort of gains can I expect from a remap?

Thanks in advanced.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome !

Different turbo, map, intercoolers etc...

The mk2's are pretty happy with a map .. 130HP not difficult to achieve ! Presume the mk3's have something slightly different as they're 106 not 100, can't imagine they've designed a whole new engine to see an extra 6HP. Could just be a higher Euro rating, but I don't have a clue TBH.

I'd personally have the dCi over the 1.2 TCE, but get to Renault, drive both and see what you think :)

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I had a 1.2TCE sx before the 182 and they are brilliant cars the 1.2 actually had 116bhp as standard on a dyno at k tech! Remaped to 129bhp.. Was a very agile car and handled amazing for a non sport, I don't know if a heavy diesel engine would effect the handling somewhat.. If your definatly set on buying a sx make sure it has the front splitter and get down and have a look if it's been repaired! they have a tendency to catch on speed bumps and curbs making them crack or snap.. I think they are £130 unpainted from renault so could be costly if you get a damaged one. Good luck finding one, there pretty rare cars tbh, get some pictures up when you finally get it ;)

Ok well I am currently away. My dads gone and got me a black 2008 1.5 DCi 106hp dynamique s with lyria alloys, hid lights, keyless entry, half leather interior etc. Its on 28k miles which is pretty good. Going to pick it up next week.

I cant wait to get back and take it out!

I guess im officially a clio owner now ;)