ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio 3 197 colours

Lee

BMW M2C
Not the best pics in the world, and taken from another forum.

You can see the Racing blue next to the new blue (electric I think it's called).

Last edited:
  Looking for a ph-quick...
I have to admit the car is really growing on me!!!! It was the same when the mark 2 phase 2 came out, i didnt like it to start with but now i love them! Im not that far with the mark 3 but its definately growing on me!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
its growing on me. the only colour i could get would be the solid blue. i hate paying for paint. lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
its growing on me. the only colour i could get would be the solid blue. i hate paying for paint. lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Clio 197
attachment.php
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6365&d=1145559160

I like this one!!!!!:cool:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
boring IMO, no where near aggressive enough. Wheels look too small and need to fill the arches out more.

Megane225FF
that new blue looks well.. just not keen on its @rse.. front could be made to look mean if its dropped 50mm min.

Clio 197
The 225 is looking better and better IMO :S

We're probably going to see a few tweeks to it one year from now, they always do that don't they! Plus a Cup pack too. :)

Clio 172 Mk2
Am sorry to say that when I look at this new 197 it does nothing for me. But when I look at any 172/182 Clio I just wont to keep looking after all this time there still sexy looking cars.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
black for me but still looks boring, looks like a modus but roof chopped and shortened

RB 182
Still not sure bout the 197, have 2 wait 2 see em on the road, and when people have tweeked them 2 there tastes. Might make it bit better. I loved the mk 2 ph2 as soon as i 1st saw it, the 197 might take a while!

vx220
The more i look at this car and think to myself that this car for renault, was the chance to replace the 182 and also fill the void left by the V6! I cant help but feel disapointed! The new civic type r eats this car alive for looks and agression! Going to carry on saving for a V6 me thinks!

Civic Type-R
I like the black quite a bit not keen on the other colours. Is far too high tho :( I prefer my version :cool:

clio5mh.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the 197 is a bit of an ugly beast. I'm not just saying that because I've just forked out for a Clio Trophy. I actually quite liked the Trophy from the press pictures (not as much as my 205 GTi though) but It looks much better now it's sitting on my drive. Can't stop looking at it. Don't think the new one would grow on me so much. I really can't like the grille or the way the lines ramp up at the windscreen, and those tail lights...

And even if they do a trophy version (not for a while I imagine) it won't have the dynamics of the current one because it's too heavy. It'll feel more like a hot hatch from the focus/megane class. I mean 15 more bhp and the same 0-60? Come on guys, I know you've got safety features to think about but it's getting ridiculous. In 10 years time, it will be impossible to buy a car that weighs less than 1400kg. The engines will be turbocharged, the tyres will be 300 sections, they'll all have fridges and xbox 720's and we'll all be f**king bored and looking through auto-trader for something weighing under a tonne like a scooter.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Shocking. Wouldn't want one of those Nissan Micras. The wheels really let it down IMO. And the lofty look of it. And the weird angles. And all that extra weight OH MY GOD! THE WEIGHT!!! NOOOOOOOO

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
the megane next to it looks mean and aggressive, the clio in return, warm and huggy, i.e lame assed

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Trophy 298/525 said:
And even if they do a trophy version (not for a while I imagine) it won't have the dynamics of the current one because it's too heavy. It'll feel more like a hot hatch from the focus/megane class. I mean 15 more bhp and the same 0-60? Come on guys, I know you've got safety features to think about but it's getting ridiculous. In 10 years time, it will be impossible to buy a car that weighs less than 1400kg. The engines will be turbocharged, the tyres will be 300 sections, they'll all have fridges and xbox 720's and we'll all be f**king bored and looking through auto-trader for something weighing under a tonne like a scooter.

Well said that man.