ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio 172 cup owner

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I have just bought myself a nice and tidy 172 Cup.

Hopefully I can contribute a bit to the forum in the future as well as get some useful advice.

Simon.

Here is a picture. I haven't actually got it on the road yet, so this is the best I have so far. :)
The car seems standard apart from a crappy induction kit (going to be taken off and replaced with a standard airbox, and a nice stainless exhaust. I am not sure what make it is, but it has the stealth tailpipe.

10987453_10205964404046187_7508815710987660442_o.gif

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
lloks nice no headlight wear,alloys look good shape,get a ktec stealth system,really like mine now its bedded in

The headlights could do with a bit of a polish, the picture makes them look better than they are.

It already has a stealth stainless cat back system on it, but I haven't worked out what make it is yet. It has a middle and rear silencer and ins't especially loud which suits me.

Having had a look at a few pictures it does look like a Ktec or a Janspeed.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i would stick with it rather than throw money on an exhaust tbh,i would rather change the oil.plugs,air filter etc how good are the tyres?

Yeah I was planning on keeping the exhaust.
It has a cone filter on there at the moment which sounds rather chavvy, plus my insurance company want extra if it is fitted so iI am going to get a standard airbox.
The tyres are nearly new. They are Cooper CS6, which are not brilliant but they could be worse...

The whole car looks to have been very well looked after, the only other issues are that one of the steering wheel thumb grips is broken and the aux belt sqeals a bit when the engine is first started. They are only £10 or so so I am going to change it.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
yeah change that and maybe get new tumg grips off here or ebay ive seen them in good nick,oh see if its got a remap on it,i would highly rec the rs tuner remap

Are the thumb grips easy to get from here?

The wheel is a bit melted like many of the other ones I have seen, but nothing too serious. My dad had a similar problem with the full fat 182 he owned a few years back and he was able to clean it up.

I might be tempted to swap the seats for the half leather itemsat some stage as they look so much better than the basic cup ones.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i think someone makes them on here,keep the cup seats mate keep the original look imo.Also have the numbers worn off the gearstick ?

The gearstick looks fine. Just the one broken thumb grip.
The cambelt was done last year bit for some reason they stuck the old aux belt back on. At least it is easy to change on non-aircon cars.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi i changed the lettering on my gearstick as it had faded for 2.99 it transformed the inside.When was it last serviced

It was last serviced 2000 miles ago. That was 10 months ago though so i am going to do it. I am pretty handy working on cars so i am going to do it myself.

I am sure this has been asked before hundreds of times, but what grade of oil is best? 5w-30, 5w-40 etc?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
5 40 get the elf oil 5 litre ebay is pretty cheap with free delivery genuine filter around a tenner

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
cool the oil filter is on ebay by vospers renault dealer pretty cheap delivered,also check it has ngk plugs in it they are the best others can cause problems

I certainly will. I should be getting it on the road at the beginning of next month, that way I won't loose any tax on the old car and I will get a full month on the Clio.

Anyone want to buy a BMW 528i E39 Manual? Lol

Looks nice. Welcome.

With the melted wheel..... I used a plastic edge, something like a plastic ice scraper, to get the big lumps off. Once their off I went over it with heavy sandpaper, moving on to finer grades. Took 20 mins if that and is a hell of a lot better and smoother! [emoji106] [emoji5]
Obviously don't go insane with the sandpaper [emoji14]

Other than that a refurbish is around 140 ish.