ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio 1.2 16v Dynamique

Stagecoach Ticket
Brought a Clio yesterday its a 2003 1.2 16v Dynamique in black fancied moding it. Does anyone know where i could get any off the following parts or am i dreaming lol.

*172 rear bumper
*172 front bumper
*French Pressed Plates
*172 cup wheels

Rest of the parts like lowering and tints i think ive got coverd but any advice or ideas would be useful.

Bumper and wheels, best place would be srappies, ebay or off here.

Craig plates was doing pressed french plates I think.

Stagecoach Ticket
Thanks m8 thats what i was thinking , have u seen them resonably priced or do they go very high?

and where is craig plates or is it web based ? * Np found it thank you*

Thanks James

Some go very cheaply, seen rear bumpers go for £60 and front bumpers go for £100 odd on eBay. Wheels are anything between £200-£350 depending on condition.

craigsplates.co.uk

Stagecoach Ticket
Thats not bad then i thought modding a clio was going to be alot harder than my corsa but the information and available parts seem really good (y)

Just orderd up some plates now should be on car by weekend :)

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
also depends if your wanting to fit the 172 bumper on to standards wings? if not then you would need the arches and skirts aswell

Forgot about the wings and arches to fit a front bumper.

Would also need the sideskirts but i think somneone on here was selling them.

Stagecoach Ticket
so to convert a 1.2 into a 172 you need to change the front wings and add some 172 skirts?
do you know who was selling m8 id be interested

Stagecoach Ticket
Thanks m8 unfornatly not payed my £5 yet so cant reply to him should reply to him tomorrow some time. They seem over priced though at £80
k-tec offer the same kit at around £100 with no messing just fitting and spraying posted to your door.

Stagecoach Ticket
With all your advice though guys i think the 172 front bumper will be 1 of the last things i do , think its best to sort rest car before doing it
thanks alot

1.2 Dynamique billabong
the other option is to modify the 172 front bumper to fit the standard wings mate, and then it means you can get replica sideskirts which are only £60 new. its what i am doing
jim3.jpg

jim2.jpg

jim1.jpg

Stagecoach Ticket
looks mint m8 , iam good freinds with a body shop owner is it just a case of cutting and a little filler?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
first you have to sand a load off the corner of the bumper then modify the bumper brackets to pull it in further, then you need to apply fibreglass to fill the gap and smooth it out with filler

4-8.jpg

before adjusting bumper brackets
IMG_2440.jpg

after adjustment
IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

Stagecoach Ticket
Thanks jim thts quality m8 proves it is doable did u do all work your self or bodyshop help?
also another point i wanted to ask people do the black halos look alot better than the standard head lights? or to chavy has any 1 got a set?

BMW E92/Audi S3
Thanks jim thts quality m8 proves it is doable did u do all work your self or bodyshop help?
also another point i wanted to ask people do the black halos look alot better than the standard head lights? or to chavy has any 1 got a set?

I wouldnt ;) I'd go for Xenon headlamps if anything. I used to want them but i noticed they only really suited black cars if anything.

Stagecoach Ticket
fair point speccy my clio is black mind but there a common mod , dnt want to get a set and be in pointless dicussions with chavy retards everytime i try park in tesco car park lol

BMW E92/Audi S3
Lol, go for the Xenon headlamps if you want a change then. Gives it an expensive look too i reckon

1.2 Dynamique billabong
cheers guys, yup i did all the work myself including painting it. i used p40 fibreglass mix and then p38 filler on top mate both are available from halfords

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i cant really do it on another car as it involves taking the bumper on and off about 10 times to check the fit, have a go yourself mate its not that hard to do