ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car

Fiesta ST Stage 3
After selling the Clio I got a Peugeot 106 diesel more so to save a bit of cash as my work miles each day is 62 miles .

The little car is great and is so good on fuel if it is a tad slow with its 58 BHP :)

My plan was to run this for the rest of the year and then either sell it and get something more exciting or keep it and get another car for the weekend etc .

This then brings us on to last Friday and with work being a bit quite ( last day of the month ) I was just looking at the adds on pistonheads autotrader etc and then on Saturday morning was off on a train / boat to pick up my second car from isle of white .

Was a great day sunny and fun and now I have this scary car as a second / fun car .

Its a Rev 3 MR2 GTS Turbo that has been tweaked a bit

$T2eC16J,!)EE9s2ufV-wBSE60wyY1w~~60_12.jpg
$(KGrHqF,!rEFH5Ev8HlVBSE61F4b,Q~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!qgFHz4bemGJBSE61!td8w~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!qIFHw37BOUEBSE61dj75Q~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!roFINqdKHv!BSE61ZFdPQ~~60_12.jpg$T2eC16h,!wsE9suw0QRuBSE61LYQSw~~60_12.jpg$T2eC16N,!y8E9s2fik)+BSE61SDUrw~~60_12.jpg$T2eC16V,!ygE9s7HI7DwBSE603)EhQ~~60_12.jpg$T2eC16d,!)cE9s4Pu,YjBSE61tPGgw~~60_12.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3
First car that has scared me driving it LOL

For a 1994 car its is great nick and was shocked TBH no Rust at all and all original bar some engine Upgrades .

Add below

Toyota mr2 rev3 turbo in excellent condition
12 months mot
80000 miles
Full Service history
HKS exhaust
HKS sequential blow off valve
Recent new clutch cam belt brakes and 4 new tyres
Stage 2 reconditioned turbo at CR turbos with 360 bearings and cut back exhaust blades
Power run and checked at surrey rolling road 290 bhp at 1 bar boost.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Only driven back from Portsmouth on Saturday but was left shocked in a good way :)

The chap that sold it said don't take it out in the wet lol

in the dry and not pushing it the handling is very good ( all new P zero tyres all round ) but I take it if you start pushing it then it can be tricky ?

Alan

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I had a n/a years ago and it drove/handled brilliantly. These things are very quick, just take it easy. Looks nice :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Only driven back from Portsmouth on Saturday but was left shocked in a good way :)

The chap that sold it said don't take it out in the wet lol

in the dry and not pushing it the handling is very good ( all new P zero tyres all round ) but I take it if you start pushing it then it can be tricky ?

Alan

With the engine over the rear wheels too it can be a little unpredictable..lol

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Ah ok is this when it comes on boost unpredictable :)

Have taken it easy and only used 5th and a quick go in 3rd

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
but if driven not like a co*k they are ok and not a killer ?

O and the Air con still works after 19 years lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As Tunst said, I'd actually take it somewhere in both the wet and the dry, and it see what it takes to lose it. It's pretty important to learn that feeling quickly, I have in mine, and it made me a lot more confident.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
but if driven not like a co*k they are ok and not a killer ?

O and the Air con still works after 19 years lol

The car doesnt kill you. Its the driver..;)

As long as you to take it sensible in the rain you'll be fine. And the dry with 290bhp for that matter.. As suggested, take it somewhere open for a play.

As Tunst and Rob said really. Need to know at what revs the back kicks out cos you don't want to be losing to a Clio in da twiztiez ;)

In all fairness i've never really looked into these at all, thought nothing of them before.
By that dyno sheet I now know they pack a punch haha, Hope it treats you well!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Thanks for all the good comments ( thought every one would hate it lol )

The way the car comes on power is smooth but still brutal so if it does that mid corner it could be a short partnership .

The fact that it is / can be a dangerous car make it all the more exciting

Also any one know any good classic car insurance sites to look at as I only have it insured on a few days .

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
best insurance I can fine for the Peugeot 106 D and the MR2 GTS is around £ 750 ?

Any other options

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Not much to update apart from some flat blade wiper blades and some Ring H4 bulbs .

On the list is .

New pads race type I think so DS2500 ( car does not have ABS )

Cat for MOT time ( Ebay )

Oil & filter change + Spark plugs

and that about it im thinking as the car does not need any more power and the stock suspension is in good nick .

Alan

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Some of them are stupid quick. I really dislike them but they are scary!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yes only driven it a few times so all is still good but have taken it easy until I find out more about the car but the power is still a bit crazy and is fun :) .

Your plans would be welcome but im not going to turn it in to a 700 BHP thing .

Alan

Clio 197
I always wanted one of these a few years ago, was looking at the NA though. Yours looks nice!

Used to scour the owners club too - cant remember the exact name though.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah if anything it is too fast LOL never thought i would say that .

O and had a miss fire through the rev range but think it was water had got on the the HT leads after a wash as the engine cover has a air heat cut out gave them a unplug and a rub down and all is well after a couple of tests but i will keep an eye on this just if it is something other .

Alan

Looking good, still enjoying it?