ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car - what to do?

BMW E46 330i Touring
He's mega busy but give him a call and he'll let you know his availability. He's built a very good reputation in a comparatively short space of time.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
He is very good mate and also CarPro Authorised.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've commented in a thread on dw so hopefully he will get back to me. If not i will ring him. :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Calling is always best. You can't polish when you're on the phone!

If he's CarPro authorised then he could CQ it for you :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
S'cuse my ignorance but what's CQ?

Ill ring tomorrow but if he gets back to me in the mean time ill see what happens

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ohh right. Cool.

so help me out here what's the best thing to do? What would you do if it was your car?

would you put the c5 and g1 on yourself as you've bought them already or wait and do it all at once? And what products would you ask russ to use? Or should I ask what he wants to use?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'd buy iron x, tardis, and clay. As well as Your wheel and glass products. I would then do wheels and glass yourself, seal them and then hand over to a pro for polishing

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok cool, I have all of them so ill sort that.

then I just ask the pros for a nano sealant then?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would leave it all for Russ to do if you're doing it. By the time you've bought all the products you'll seriously be better off just adding it to the detail.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I have quite a range of stuff lol. Bough a 5l can of tardis to do the arch liners on my megane, got lots still left. Half a bottle of iron x. Clay is only £10 and I have g1 and c5 on their way.

My main issue as I said to aucky was the machining and protection of the bodywork

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I advised jaff to swap the labour/materials of decontam for ceramic LSP to lower the price of the detail and make use of what he has.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure it would lower the price. Russ imo would want to do his own work knowing everything is done to his standards.

Imagine how many miles you'd cover after de-tarring the car?

Wheels i'd agree with though it will save you money but i'd sell the C5 and possibly G1 and put it towards the price of the wheel protection.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I was thinking of decontaminating the wheels and applying the c5, same as the glass with the g1 then driving up to russ for interior and exterior. Trouble is he might not be able to fit me in for a good while

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Clean, decontaminate, polish, and cquartz uk. Was tempted by the cquartz finest but I think that may be just too much considering I have to travel up there and stuff.

he mentioned just topping up the uk one with reload too so it should last a bit longer.

Nice guy too, very friendly :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol if you can beat russ price ill be amazed!

Plus the car is just running in nicely now so I should get better economy on a trip to Birmingham. Essex is further again :p

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Lol if you can beat russ price ill be amazed!

Plus the car is just running in nicely now so I should get better economy on a trip to Birmingham. Essex is further again :p

Tis but far mate, saying that I have clients who bi-yearly bring their cars to me from Scotland, Guernsey and Malaga so what's your excuse!

No I'm not into poaching work from anyone, money aside you won't regrets Russ.
Chris

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
This is my first time with a pro :p

dont want to go too far. Birmingham is probably the limit tbh