ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Time - Clio 2.0 138 Dynamique S?

Clio 197
^^

Yikes! I wouldn't be happy driving down that ramp!

^^^^

Is that an average of 35MPG at that sort of speed? If so, it p*sses on my VTS.

Clio 197
^^

The thing is, I'm not after: 30MPG, £150 per tyre, £600 a year for fully comp insurance.

I've had two 182s and a meggy 225... I've done the fast car thing and it's out of my system TBH.

I test drove one at a Renault day.

Nice cars. I'd personally drop the money into a Trophy. Just depends if you want a warranty.

Twisties. Forget it. Engine is alot less pokey that you'd think/be used to.

Looks like it would be a motorway monster.

A very good sleeper too.

I'd go for one OMS - The Mk3 Clio is a nice spacious car and will suit your needs down to a tee.

Autobytel sell them for £10,600 too.

Last edited:
  Clio 197
I'd go for one OMS - The Mk3 Clio is a nice spacious car and will suit your needs down to a tee.

Autobytel sell them for £10,600 too.

Now that's cheap!

PS I've not been around much... so, err, what's with the R27 on your profile? What happened to the Vee with nice seats??

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
^^

The thing is, I'm not after: 30MPG, £150 per tyre, £600 a year for fully comp insurance.

I've had two 182s and a meggy 225... I've done the fast car thing and it's out of my system TBH.

But you'll be happy spending that on coilovers to make the car closer to the 197.

I dont see the maths here.And in reality the mpg will not be far off the same as a 197

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Heres what evo said about it....

Push really hard and things start to lose their sheen. The supple suspension can’t control the mass of the body over crests and suddenly you feel that the chassis can’t keep up with the feisty engine. Like the 197, it also suffers from light, lifeless steering.

"PS I've not been around much... so, err, what's with the R27 on your profile? What happened to the Vee with nice seats??" - Not me mate I used to own a 182 Cup and that had not so nice seats. ;)

Ian182 - the steering on the R27 and Cup packed 197s is spot on, a helluva lot better than the original 197 set up.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Nice to see the online car suppliers are being mentioned again!

Renault Dealers are SO competative at the mo so don't be afraid to ask them (me) too!!!

My opinion on the 138;

+Nice cruiser if you do mainly A roads/Motorways

+Quieter and smoother than a 197

+Subtle

-Fuel consumption is negligable between that and a 197. (31vs 29 MPG)

-197 suspension and brakes are far superior

Also the 138 will only appeal to a very small number of buyers when you come to sell so may take a while to move on.

197 is a far better bet even factoring in running costs/residual values.

Turbos.
I'm not being funny but its hardly a 197 without the engine is it, you lose out on so much. If you're solely driven by a cheap to run A-B car then surely you're better off elsewhere, like a diesel Golf.