ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car - Polo GTI 6r

Inferno 182FF
i just thought i would put this online after buying my clio a year ago we have had so much fun but as my girlfriend comes to pass her test the 182 is far too costly on insurance (5k a year for her to be added) which is madness and i would not pay it

so started looking for a car we could both drive and this came up. an EX demo model from the dealership has a few nice extras and 8k on the clock

dealer photos:
polodealerphoto2.jpg

polodealerphoto.jpg

insidedealerphoto.jpg

and here is a few i took:
Polo4.jpg

Polo2.jpg

Polo.jpg

i collect it tomorrow morning at 9 i cannot wait

a few details about the money side:
clios power: 182
polos power: 180
mpg clio: i was ave 35
polo mpg: ave 50
Clio insurance monthly:£150
Polo Insurance monthly:£40
clio Tax:£200+
Polo Tax:£120

the polo has a 1.4TSI which makes 180bhp and 250nm

i cant wait to pick this up! i was like a little kid signing the paperwork on sat. i did have my heart set on the mk6 golf gti but the insurance was too much for her indoors.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lovely mate, really like it! Fantastic engines too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice cars, they have their issues though. 2 new engines at my local one, pistons in bits. Warranty always.

Oh and not cheap to buy!

Merc A class
Nice car only heard good things about the engine!

Not a bad car for your girlfreind to be driving either.

Inferno 182FF
Nice cars, they have their issues though. 2 new engines at my local one, pistons in bits. Warranty always.

Oh and not cheap to buy!

indeed i have heard this i have seen the problems with the engine but should be covered under warranty as said! we will see i am going to find anything wrong with it i can while they will fix it!

the main reason for the purchase was for my girlfriend to drive when she passes i think i fancy a R after seeing one in the showroom although will give it a year or so before i buy a second car

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Very nice!

Average 50mpg, maybe on a motorway? I would imagine more like 40+ on normal driving.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Spec states 37.7 urban and 55.4 on motorway ave 47.7 but I do have a heavy foot!

No doubting they are great on fuel, but I did think driven with enthusiasm it would drop to about 40ish which is still excellent given the car you are driving.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Manufacturers figures on mpg.... :drunk:

I went to look at these as a family bus, was fairly impressed. Xenons are a must in my opinion.

In the end I decided that 16-18k was too expensive.

Focus
Almost brought one a year or so ago brand new - only thing that put me off was the 8 month wait due to a backlog with the dsg boxes or something, test drove one and it went like a rocket! Good choice.

Inferno 182FF
Jelous. Been looking at these lately.

Either one of these, or a GTD will be my next car.

problem with gtd is they are only useful between 3-4k they run out of power very quick after that apparently i have driven one and did not enjoy one as much as i thought i would from the gti version of a derv!

i paid less that 16-18 for this and the only things it is missing is xenons and nav but if needed will add the xenons a the stupid expense!

K4M ph2
Friend of mine had one of these, great little car, nippy, but not as fuel efficient as you would think! His had a few problems with the gearbox though, got stuck in 3rd a few times iirc.

Suzuki Jimny
Been in a mates ibiza cupra, same engine and gearbox iirc.

Not a fan. NA and a proper gearbox for me :)

a few details about the money side:
clios power: 182
polos power: 180
mpg clio: i was ave 35
polo mpg: ave 50
Clio insurance monthly:£150
Polo Insurance monthly:£40
clio Tax:£200+
Polo Tax:£120

the polo has a 1.4TSI which makes 180bhp and 250nm

i cant wait to pick this up! i was like a little kid signing the paperwork on sat. i did have my heart set on the mk6 golf gti but the insurance was too much for her indoors.

clio price: £...
polo price: £...

just sayin'

nice car though

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Had an extended test drive in a Fabia VRS with the same engine and box and was shocked tbh! Really runs away with you especially with the dsg box!

xenons are a must :D
the winter pack would have been handy for a retro fit of xenons but they are a pain to fit correctly

the polo is rather poor for features though

Last edited:
  Inferno 182FF
Great looking cars.

What do they map too?

saw a lad on club polo seemed to map his from standard to revo stage one seemed to increase to around 212bhp but dont quote me on this as i havent seen if he had mods!
but rs tuning are around the corner from me so i may take a visit they also do a map for the dsg box to add a few features to it

This one ^ (someday)
Great cars, i had a look round one whilst buying the Scirocco.

I must say as a matter of personal preference i think having DSG in such a car is a shame, i find the DSG a bit annoying at times in the Scirocco and I think half the fun with a little fizzy car like the Polo is having the proper gear stick.
I'm very impressed by those consumption figures, scirocco barely does 28mpg!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
clio price: £...
polo price: £...

just sayin'

nice car though

I must admit, it does seem a bit daft to spend upwards of £10k to get cheaper insurance and tax.

Nice car all the same, just not sure the (poor) justifications are needed.

Why not just start a thread ''I wanted a new car so bought a Polo'' ??