ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car - Polo GTI 6r

I just had one of the tsi cupras before the trophy a couple of months ago, people worry alot that if it uses oil theres a problem, mine used oil but it was always kept on top of with no issues. I would run it on the v power then you'll see the mpg claimed or exceed it, I used to regularly get 55+mpg on the motorway, and late 30s early 40s round the doors. A little tip remove the soundproofing from under the bonnet and it really lets out the supercharger whine, especially when pulling out of junctions and roundabouts. You get some confused looks sometimes with the supercharger whine followed by the sound of the turbo kicking in.

Inferno 182FF
I just had one of the tsi cupras before the trophy a couple of months ago, people worry alot that if it uses oil theres a problem, mine used oil but it was always kept on top of with no issues. I would run it on the v power then you'll see the mpg claimed or exceed it, I used to regularly get 55+mpg on the motorway, and late 30s early 40s round the doors. A little tip remove the soundproofing from under the bonnet and it really lets out the supercharger whine, especially when pulling out of junctions and roundabouts. You get some confused looks sometimes with the supercharger whine followed by the sound of the turbo kicking in.

how bad was the oil use? ie how much per mont/ how many miles a month? thanks

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I like that! One went past me the other day and I was quite honestly very surprised at how quick it was, I certainly didn't expect it.

how bad was the oil use? ie how much per mont/ how many miles a month? thanks

I got it at 5000miles and used 3l to 8000miles up to 13000 miles I only used 2l. The are known to ease up on the oil after a while. Don't worry about it, even when mine was using oil I had no problems, never let it bother me just made sure I kept on top of it, even the vetecs are known to drink it. I would recomend running it on v power as the car runs alot better and the extra mpg more than outweighs the extra cost. Its that 7th gear that really helps with the economy. They feel quite tame pottering about, but overiding and changing the gearbox mode soon changes that. The brake upgrades are well worth it, the common vag 312 and 256mm upgrades. I found with the 312mm I was stopping 10m infront of a roundabout for a while. The 256 is more to fill the alloys. They are cracking cars and the tech to be expected to cars costing much more, they have a different feel to the clios but new cars are about a new driving experience, fond memories of that car. Just pm me if you want to ask anything, I had a bit done to mine so hopefully will be able to help.

Inferno 182FF
Thanks a lot mate I am not fussed about the oil as I expect a turbo and super to burn a little oil anyway! Will keep on top of it, it's just had a service so should be topped up! I may do the brake change I do like the look of the Porsche calipers

thanks mate

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Nice car buddy, just keep an eye on the oil... My dad had an Ibiza Bocanegra which he ended up trading in on its' second engine among other things...

Get some H&R's on it.

6f9ff3e4.jpg