ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new car itb'd 172 :)

200bhp itb'd iceberg
hi all!

some of you may recognise the car off here as seans old car =]

picked it up 2 weekends ago been quite busy so not really had chance to post any pics!
Due to the spec of the car it was certain which direction i was going to go in... road/track car

i decided i wanted a cage and found a k-tech bolt in alloy show cage up for sale on here, so trecked to blackpool to pick it up! thanks to jaffa182.

i decided i didnt like the chrome finish it had so started to have a think on what colour to go for, the car was pretty subtle with the anthracite and carbon fibre so thought about having it powder coated anthracite to match but looking at some cars online i wanted the cage to stand out, so took the cage into work and got it sand blasted ready to be powder coated heres the finish i managed to get

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

And a sneaky one of a big CAT =]
IMG_0371.jpg

Was pretty pleased with it and managed to find a powder coaters round the corner from my place of work called protech powder coatings.I popped in and had a chat with the bloke and came to the conclusion the cage was goin to end up yellow! lol took him no longer than 4 hours to complete the cage and rear strut brace, got the cage back same day was really impressed with the quality of work and service he offerd even gave me a small pot of touch up incase it gets chipped! lol

anyway car was lookin rather grubby today so gave it a clean and fitted the cage

few before and after pics

Before
IMG_0377.jpg

After
IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

and a couple of the cage

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

managed to get a front carbon diamond to match the splitter, mirrors and fog light surrounds

Before
IMG_0391.jpg

After
IMG_0392.jpg

sorry for the poor pic quality i used my iphone =[

let me no what you think, cage most probably wont be too most peoples tastes but i like it so =]

Jono

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
sweet always liked this car, its dying for some bucket seats now though. You going to add any other yellow touches?

200bhp itb'd iceberg
thanks guys sorry took so long to reply bloody internet has been down!
first of all merry christmas to you all :)

have been looking for some seats quite like the bimarco expert seats but dont fancy paying jms prices! also looking for a cup spoiler if any one has one up for sale? lol!

will be adding a few more bits to it but dont really wana go over the top with the yellow just a few little touches in mind :)

cant wait to get to my first meet

thanks again
Jono

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
the bimarcos really are awesome seats mate tom and james at jmw both have them, the look and hold you very well. id recommend mate, there not to much seats arnt cheap only the shitty halfrauds ones!

200bhp itb'd iceberg
yeah i saw them in t26gt's car off here and just love the look of them!

have been looking on sports seats 4 u.com they do club discounts but cliosport.net isnt on it for some reason? could be worth sorting that out?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Engine bay pics?

IMO dont over do it with the yellow.

I just have orange wheels, wing mirrors and the 2 dash stripes.

Some people do everything they can take off in a bright colour and i dont think it looks as nice.

So the dash strips and wheel decals, sound perfect :)

200bhp itb'd iceberg
Engine bay pics?

IMO dont over do it with the yellow.

I just have orange wheels, wing mirrors and the 2 dash stripes.

Some people do everything they can take off in a bright colour and i dont think it looks as nice.

So the dash strips and wheel decals, sound perfect :)

exactly mate i cant stand these cars that over do it! i want to keep it looking subtle really want a new wheel and set of buckets tho
will get some engine pics up now just uploading

TrackCar & F30 330d
exactly mate i cant stand these cars that over do it! i want to keep it looking subtle really want a new wheel and set of buckets tho
will get some engine pics up now just uploading

I know my wheels arnt subtle but its just a phase lol

When you strip it it'll get a lot louder, just warning ya :)

I'm assuming your gona strip the rear as you obviously wont get any one in the rear with zee fixed buckets :)

200bhp itb'd iceberg
I know my wheels arnt subtle but its just a phase lol

When you stripped it it'll get a lot louder, just warning ya :)

I'm assuming your gona strip the rear as you obviously wont get any one in the rear with zee fixed buckets :)

the rear is already stripped mate lol
plus i had a ph 1 clio before this that was completly stript no carpets etc lol heres some pics of the engine bay

IMG_0396.gif

IMG_0400.gif

IMG_0399.gif

IMG_0398.gif

200bhp itb'd iceberg
Looks good!

Get rid of the socks asap. There pish! Fit the ktec filter instead!

Also, your missing a bolt from the ITB manifold to the head?

not sure if the k-tech filter will fit because of the air con?

oh yeah! only just realised this! good spot mate thanks

TrackCar & F30 330d
I have a K-tec filter fited to my 182 and i have AC. The filter is amazing :)

Some of the pics dont work for me :(

EDIT: I can see the pics now :)

200bhp itb'd iceberg
I have a K-tec filter fited to my 182 and i have AC. The filter is amazing :)

Some of the pics dont work for me :(

EDIT: I can see the pics now :)

ive posted em twice because i posted them then moved the pics into a folder on photo bucket doh so they wouldnt work

should be there now?

200bhp itb'd iceberg
Socks are very restrictive. Fitting K-tecs new filter will improve everything to do with your engine. Better throttle response, power ect.

ahh i see will have to wait till next pay day then
i dont fancy running it with out any socks atm especialy with the weather the way it is all the salt around etc