ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car : Clio V6 230

Ph1 172.
I purchased this earlier in the week and I am loving it. It has phase 2 18" wheels and a Quicksilver exhaust

37694453.jpg

f78b0119.jpg

b31f5e2d.jpg

The previous owner had the dash and all pillars flocked. The headlining was done in the same colour. All the carpets were replaced and the steering wheel was done too.
52a1fab8.jpg

[video=youtube_share;2F7ElbFRcHE]http://youtu.be/2F7ElbFRcHE[/video]
[video=youtube_share;o0FuI9Jtw4Y]http://youtu.be/o0FuI9Jtw4Y[/video]

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
That sounds awesome. Looks a clean example too.

Try line your tailpipes up a better, might end up melting your bumper otherwise.

Ph1 172.
That sounds awesome. Looks a clean example too.

Try line your tailpipes up a better, might end up melting your bumper otherwise.

The exhaust is coming off this week. I need to get something quieter as the car isn't going to be used as just a weekend car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love that!!

ph1's with ph2 18's are the best combo imo. (Even better if it had the engine too! lol)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
looks great, ph2 v6 spoiler would finish it off nicely on the rear with some ph2 rear lights

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
Love how the clear engine cover is incorporated into the original - great idea!

It's an expensive piece to replace though if you **** it up lol!

Ph1 172.
Thanks guys, the sticker will be coming off and I've got it booked in for Friday for something quieter to be fitted. I've had it nearly a week now and I absolutely love it and if it wasn't being used nearly daily the exhaust would be staying on. I hope to drive it to the south of France and back next summer. My girlfriend's has already said she'd love to go as well. I've yet to push it on any back road yet. I don't think I dare! I need to change the front tyres as at 225/40/18 they do rub at full lock.

Ph1 172.
New exhaust on. I had a custom one made up, it was done by Longlife Ipswich, made by two very knowledgeable piston heads! Really, happy with the results it sounds fantastic in the car. I need to have somebody go out with me sometime to get a better exterior video! They modified the collector box as that had been decated previously. They cut the ends of the box off and created a new sections to replace the part of the collector where the cats would have been. This had to be done to quieten the system down a bit and then ran the pipe work down from either end of the collector box to two individual, unconnected back boxes. The pipe work looks amazing. I will try and get some photos this week without the bumper on.

[youtube]ywLOcWL27zs[/youtube]

An orange one
Wow it sounds superb! So much nicer than that quicksilver... I HATE those backboxes as I used to have one!

that is a much raspier more soulful noise now!

Ph1 172.
Thanks, I really am super happy with it. It sounds great in the car. I did shout "hell yeah" a few times on the way home from picking it up
It's not too loud at motorway cruising speeds either which is good as I'm planning to drive to the south of France and back in it next year! . The Quicksilver sounded good at 5k+ rpm, bit it was just too noisy for me at the revs I was using most of the time. This was not helped by the decated collector box.