ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Camera !

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
so today I purchased my very first DSLR camera.a few weeks back I posted a thread asking for people's opinions and advice etc and got a great response. in the end I chose a Nikon D3000 mainly because it was within my price range and most of the reviews and things I'd read about it said it was a good place to start for first time DSLR users. I know people will say there is newer models out now but for my first one I'm happy and once I get to grips with everything and know how to use it properly ill think about upgrading.

I haven't really had much chance to use it just yet as the weather is s**t but from a few shots I've done around the house I'm happy with it.

I need to get a couple more things like a spare battery and a decent case is there anywhere in particular you guys would recommend I shop for these?

any tips you all have ill really appreciate
Dan :)

Cayman S Edition 1
Congrats mate. I bought my first DSLR last December and never looked back.

bag wise I have one of these which is enough for two DSLR's, Speedlights and a spare lens, along with all my other bits and bobs.

Tips wise, leave it in Manual and learn the hard way. Research the type of the shots you want to take, and then replicate. Shoot in RAW format if you plan to edit in Lightroom, Photoshop etc.

Most importantly have fun!

Mental 172 Cup
Good choice, I had a Nikon D3000 for my first DSLR and I snapped some pretty decent photos with it..

Enjoy it and use it all the time!

Focus ST-3
I bought a D3100 a week or so ago and I love it. It is my first DSLR too and I've been taking lots of shots of the family etc the last few days and got some really nice pics. I'm looking forward to getting out and taking some landscape photos etc.

I've got no advice for you as its all new to me, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as you are in the same boat as me and have a nearly identical camera

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks everyone! And yes I've signed up to Flickr as I heard photobucket does that.

Is there anywhere anyone would suggest I buy my bad and accessories from?

I'll definitely be using it all the time I'm finding it hard to put it down already just playing with all the different settings. I'm hoping to go out tomorrow with it take the dog for a walk or something and have a real go with it see what I can produce :)

RIP Dan
Sound, just get out there and take some shots. Lots of talent on CS and you will always get decent advice/CC on here if you want it.

Clio 172 Cup
Welcome to the world of dslr :) it's a long down hill slope to empty pockets as it gets expensive with new lens lol
I have the canon eos500d and live it for Motorsport

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to the world of dslr :) it's a long down hill slope to empty pockets as it gets expensive with new lens lol
I have the canon eos500d and live it for Motorsport

Yes, Im already starting to realise this is going to be an expensive hobby... And I thought just owning a car was bad enough! Ha
Never mind, it's worth it for the results :)

RIP Dan
I like bench in the woods the best.

Make sure your Mrs is in the foreground next time, you know the rules on CS.:rasp:

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I like bench in the woods the best.

Make sure your Mrs is in the foreground next time, you know the rules on CS.:rasp:

I like the bench shot too! Haha that last bit made me laugh...Do you know how to get the pictures across from Flickr so they're not just a link?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Click on share, then grab the BBCode and just copy and paste in :)

8325198017_2d2af1bf96_c.jpg

Tree Branch + Katy by Danjenks, on Flickr

8326277760_f72b97a71c_c.jpg

Bench In The Woods B+W by Danjenks, on Flickr