ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brakes needed for 182

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
okay the time has finally come for me to change my front discs and pads on the 182 but not really too sure what to get. I've looked on yozzasport
http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/products.php?cat=10
and sort of thinking about getting the high carbon brembo discs for £59 and the green stuff pads for £47.50. I don't use my car for trackdays only a little aggresive driving every once in a while (on my private road):rasp:
Is this set up going to be good enough, if not what other options are there?

182 Full Fat
Look at getting braided hoses too. I've nooked my car into Mark Fish to get Brembo discs, fast road pads, braided hoses and dot 5 fluid. Hope to see great improvements and more responsive pedal feel :D

I'd chnage the wheel stock wheel don't help the brakes cool hence why you need to uprate the brakes to deal with the temps. Your only pushing the problem back a bit more though.

Lionel Richie
okay the time has finally come for me to change my front discs and pads on the 182 but not really too sure what to get. I've looked on yozzasport
http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/products.php?cat=10
and sort of thinking about getting the high carbon brembo discs for £59 and the green stuff pads for £47.50. I don't use my car for trackdays only a little aggresive driving every once in a while (on my private road):rasp:
Is this set up going to be good enough, if not what other options are there?

a man with taste!

RenaultSport clio 18
i had the brembo discs and greenstuff pads and i found they didnt work to good and after not a long while they would smoke and fade aswell. i still have the discs but have got mintex pads and they are really good, no fade and no smoke.

182 Full Fat
i had the brembo discs and greenstuff pads and i found they didnt work to good and after not a long while they would smoke and fade aswell. i still have the discs but have got mintex pads and they are really good, no fade and no smoke.

Glad to hear you said that, As I planned to get Mintex too!:D

Clio 172 mk2
I'd probably just stick to the stock pads on a set of Brembos if your not doing track days

Tangoed Works
^^ Second that, the stock pads seem really good, had over 16k out of a fresh set and still lots of meat on them. Smooth driver I guess, not harsh on them. Braided hoses are defo at top of my list though, I seem to lose a bit of feel after a few high speed stops.

Clio Sport 182
I just fitted Mintex & the're much better than the standard pads fitted by my Renault dealers at the last service.