ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brakes and a good clean all round

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I decided it was the perfect time yesterday to get my brakes, dampers and to sort out the water coming into my footwells....
I have now got all the below fitted. These include Mintex discs front and back, Mintex rear pads, Bosch front pads, Monroe rear dampers and what was intended to be standard 182 front shocks from Renault. The fitting and use of the lift is thanks to Brice Autos in Norwich, I said I'd give him a mention and if you show up at his with your Clio Sport members card he'll knock off 5% of your bill. https://www.facebook.com/BriceAutos
IMG_00141_zpsba9gfty9.jpg

The rear of the car was first
IMG_0019_zpsbytwf2za.jpg

After giving the rear arches a good clean down along with some new shocks and brakes it looked like this.
IMG_0026_zpsun7lf3st.jpg

Then it was onto the front once the rear calipers and new pads were put in.
These were in a very sorry state 😧.
Each side looked like this
IMG_0022_zpseba89fdk.jpg

But the worst was the front left which was masssivly grooved due to sticky calipers.
IMG_0028_zpsckjmlgqe.jpg

Now this is where we came to the front shocks, which Renault supplied after knowing my cars reg and details. They sent these over which did not fit. the holes located at the bottom of the shocks were about 5 mm out and unlike the one that was taken out there was no return pressure in them which the old ones still had some of, not too impressed here. It also meant that they were not being changed that day.
IMG_0031_zpsev46yglt.jpg

I also took the opportunity to take out the wheel arches and remove all the dirt and leaves that had built up over the years
IMG_0015_zpsglff6oss.jpg

IMG_0017_zpsat4vocxy.jpg

Of which there was a lot of...
IMG_0035_zpsl4hxzlv9.jpg

Then the new discs went on followed by sorting the callipers with some copper grease, which smoothed them up straight away
IMG_0029_zpsxlosohdr.jpg

and everything back together...
IMG_0036_zpsg4lt20r3.jpg

Last edited:
  Track 172 Cup
Nice tidy up, shame about the damper been the wrong one would have sent me over the edge and I would have been back there like a lunatic lol (the week I've had though haha)

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I got the front dampers in the morning, by early afternoon (due to it being Saturday) the maintenance and parts guys had gone home. I am right in thinking the rod should return once it is pushed in yes?

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Give the calipers a nice color, silver/black for OEM look or a nice color. Better than the rust look!

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Nd-photo.nl
That's what I meant, not an immediate spring back but a slow return

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
All round and fitted, and this is including the dampers as my receipt shows them all together, was £430. I didn't think this was too bad a price, I'll find out how much the disks and pads were separately when I get back to work on Monday and give you an answer

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Oh, and Renault have finally supplied the proper front shocks for my car, more pictures next weekend when they go on

All round and fitted, and this is including the dampers as my receipt shows them all together, was £430. I didn't think this was too bad a price, I'll find out how much the disks and pads were separately when I get back to work on Monday and give you an answer

Cheers, don't worry though I've had a price now. £430 doesn't sound too bad to me for what you got

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I was suprised with the price, I was expecting much more . Having brakes again feels soooo good