ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new astra

AG 200 cup
only got a picture of the front i think its a big improvement for the "current" astra. quite nice inside aswell with a red light under the gear stick that will look good at night

DSC00116.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Think its forgettable. The old one was much more interesting.

They made the same mistake with this as ford did with the MK2 focus.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm sure I saw on the VX website a while ago that the starting price was about £15k? I could be wrong. If it is, no thanks.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Ive been invited to the launch (lol) and the new Astra on the invitation looks nicer than that. I didn't think they still made cars in solid red anymore!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Certainly doesn't look as edgy as the previous gen. Supposedly massively improved though.

Seat Ibiza FR
Too plain, there just seems to be no style to it, it's hard to explain but it just looks like a box on wheels, no imagination or creativeness was used to design that. It looks very cheap in my eyes too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah ythe older one definitely had more going for it in standard form. Very dart like the old one.

Looking a bit chrysler neon!

Goliath I
Had a few of them come in in work, took one home tonight. The outside isn't much to look at, the inside is pretty much like the insignia's, not gone very far yet to comment on handling.

So far I prefer the last model

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Base price now up to £16k? Seriously?!? You could get a Golf S with a few options for that...and I would over an Astra.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
looked at the new astra and old one today at work, both 59 plates parked side by side, old one looks 10 times better, at first i thought why are they unloading a daweoo off the transporter when the first one arrived.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
As i've said before..
looks like every other car coming out these days, car's look s**t now.

Goliath I
Went for a spin at the weekend, 1.6 sxi.

Inside is pretty much like the insignia and has one of those button parking brakes. If your on a hill it will automatically hold without the use of clucth control or applying the parking brake, which is a nice feature.

Handles pretty well, not much different from the old Astra's. Find the seats a bit uncomfortable though, again like the Insignia.

Not sure why it has TURBO on the boot though?

DSC_00057.jpg

DSC_00058.jpg

DSC_00030.jpg

^I was just going to say, was an Oompa Loompa test driving it?

It'll have a turbo badge because it'll be turbo'd, strangely.

Barge
I've got a one of these atm, but a 1.6 SRi, as a courtesy car after some knobber reversed into me (LOL).

It's pretty gutless. Although isn't too bad for wafting along in on the motorway. They are comfy too, steering wheel is nice, seats aren't bad and the interior doesn't appear plastic-like. I can drive over a pot hole and not feel it. :D Although... I can't wait to have my BG back... With all it's rattles.

Barge
They tried, said because I'm 23 it's easier just to have me on a 1.6! Despite I drive a 2.0 - tossers. LOL.

Goliath I
hmmm they may be bulling you, If your on your own insurance it shouldn't matter to them whether your in a merc or a micra? But Im not completely sure on their policies.

My sister had an accident last year where Enterprise had to supply her a vehicle, they tried to fob her off with a 1.0l 107 as 'they didn't have anything else' I told they should supply like for like and a few hours later she had 1.9 astra cdti

Barge
Nah I'm on their insurance. The 1.9 Insig would've meant I'd have had to change mine. :) Shed should be back soon so not fussed anymore.