ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New air filter - fitted right?

Arctic Just A 182
Just fitted a new K&N filter into my 182 and had a bit of trouble getting the lid off (loosened the tightening clip but could not detach it from the top tube) so had to sort of just place the filter as well as I could in the gap and then screw the lid back on.

I've no idea if the filter stayed where it was meant to so are there any signs I should be listening for to suggest that something has gone wrong?

Arctic Just A 182
Well I braved the journey to work anyway, having no idea what to expect. Seemed ok but I'm told that eventually the engine will just will with grit and knacker itself.

Joy.

Nothing at the mo :(
if it aint seated properly. and it falls of then you engine will be sucking in dirty air wont it, which is not a good thing

Arctic Just A 182
Indeed. So back to my original question: "are there any signs I should be listening for to suggest that something has gone wrong?"

Nothing at the mo :(
it is a snug filter in the filter box. so if the filter wasnt placed correctly i dont think it would screw up..

172 cup
I assume its a panel filter. Unless it is the wrong filter i dont see how you can get it wrong to be honest.

Arctic Just A 182
Panel filter, yes. It just looked slightly wonky (one side looked lower than the other) when I was replacing the lid. Hopefully should be ok!

TrackCar & F30 330d
I thought i'd have a little looky what my standard filter looked like and i found this :)

Is that the filter you bought? did it come with any oils?

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

Arctic Just A 182
It's like that one aye. Didn't come with any separate oils but the filter itself was pre-oiled so it looks redder than that one.

On mine it's the angled bit on the right that had dipped slightly below the lip of the airbox, which is what I was concerned with.

172 cup
then undo it the throttle body end aswell and pop tat off making it a hell of a lot easier to come off