ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 2010 Macbook Pro 13"

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's so beautiful!!

Quick Q though, why doesn't Safari cover the whole screen when I maximise it? Is it because I bought the super hi-res screen? :D

Abarth 500 Essesse
The button you think is maximise isn't maximise. All it does is change the window to best fit what its displaying. You will eed to manually change the window size if you want it full screen, drag it from the bottom right.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That's a bit gay, so there's no way for it to fill the screen, it's just a bit weird not having it not fill the screen when I want it to even though the resolution is super high.

Loving the touch pad though, three fingers for back on a browser is just awesome!

One thing though, the edges seem quite a lot more difficult to 'click'. Is that normal?

LY 182
I thought it was weird not covering the whole screen at first, but you get used to it.

Trackpad really is awesome. 3 fingers down and 4 fingers down are cool too.. :cool:

172 mk2
^ just more allowable movement in the middle as around the edges is where it'll be attached.

your next purchase needs to be a magic mouse, remote and mini displayport adaptor!!

Amarok
Dont shoot me down for asking, but. What exactly should i buy?

Im just looking for an everyday mbp that i would use for general web browsing and watching films online ect. Nothing with huuge processing speed ect

Should i be buying the "base" spec 13inch mbp for £999? and what is the applecare all about? Could someone please explain from experience and is it worth buying..

Thanks alot, sorry about the basic questions

'Base' spec will be fine. More than capable.

Apple car is £200. Upto you if you decide it's worth it or not.

My advice would be to find a student. 15% off the MBP and AppleCare for £40.

Amarok
Thats spot on, thanks for that.

Just wanted to know what to buy coming from someone with experience and not the shop just trying to sell the product on, Yea, best mate goes to uni so will bring him along, is it just a case of him showing his NUS card and then paying on my card?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You can do that, or if you visit your friend at uni and order while on campus then you don't need to mess about getting your mate to pose as you. I ordered my MBP from a uni campus and I used all my details, never once needed to enter any student credentials..

13" would indeed be fine for day to day use, I only went for the 15" because I wanted the hi-res screen... Sometimes I think it's TOO high if there was ever such a thing lol. It sure looks pretty though. Definitely recommend it for the anti-glare screen, right now I'd have a reflection of me and lots of posters behind me on my screen, but nope. Really really nice. A lot more money over the 13" though....

On a complete side note, I just read the "love Microsoft?.." thread. lololololololol... My keys aren't glowing though :( It's daytime.

Amarok
Went into store today to buy the macbook with apple finance.

You have to be 25 and over to be eligiable!!

Is there anyway round this at all?