ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 200 or second hand??

Rb 182
Do I get a new one on pcp?

Or should I just get one second hand with about 25,000-30,000 miles??

Probs going to trade my rb 182 as can't be bothered to go about selling it :(

Just want abit of advice really looking at gettin a storm grey or rb 200 :)

Maybe someone point me in the right direction :D

Cheers josh

Chocolate Orange 172
Depends what you want, will be nice buying a new one as you know you are the first owner and can look after it as you wish. But then again if you can get one with low mileage and bigger spec for the same money then buy one second hand!

Clio 200
i bought a second band 200, traded my 1.2 in, got near on full spec and 18k on the clock for about half the price of a new one, not a scratch on it

and im loving it :D

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Get a seriously looked after one too... PM me if a white FF + Cup and RS Monitor takes your fancy. 60 plate :)

Megane 275 trophy006
second hand. Go for the spec you want, bide your time and get a bargain. The 200's normally come up 1 owner anyway so you really do have a good choice.

Nissan 350z
It all depends on your situation.

I didnt have the savings to afford my 200 outright so i would have had to use finance at some point, so made sense for me to get it on PCP instead. If you have 9k sitting around to pickup a 1 owner 2nd hand model then id do it, otherwise go the PCP route. Then again even if i did have the savings, i would have probably lost the same amount in depreciation as being on the PCP has cost over the couple of years as well.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i wouldnt touch 2nd hand again i prefer brand new but depends if you worry about loosing money or not. storm grey i beleive is now unavailable so will need to be 2nd hand, as is alien green

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy a secondhand one, i'll buy your 182 off you I could do with another one to be fair.

I still think they will do a 3dr

AFAIK the platform is 5-door only. It would cost tens of millions upon millions upon millions to introduce a 3-door variant into a production line that wasn't designed to build it. Not going to happen if my first statement is correct. It's the whole reason to drop the 3-door. Biblical cost savings.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If they do do a 5 door, I will be on the phone to Renault first thing!

Its the main reason I sold my 200.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
just because its got 5 doors it doesnt mean it has to look w**k, just 5 door clios have looked a bit w**k in the past.

focus ST and Mazda 3 MPS pulls it off fine!

EDIT: whats going to make or break it for me is the torque figure, i think a corsa vxr has something weak like 170lb/ft? the clio better have a meaty mid range of 220lbft or something!!!

I'm sure some people think a 3-door hatch is a race car, and when you add two more doors it becomes a hatchback. If it looks good then who cares how many doors it has. Added practicality FTW. If someone is so dead set against a practical car, then why buy a hot hatch in the first place TBH.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Albi blue is discontinued as well

Pish colour

S

It does look flat when in photo's but when clean you couldnt be more wrong imo

_IMG9930.jpg

img_46061.jpg

An orange one
i like albi on the 197's but not on the 200's lol

i will not be buying a 5 door hatch, just dont like them, even the focus ST etc, the 5 door ones just scream "family man"

An orange one
im not a family man, im 26, happily engaged but no plans for kids for years yet,

so i like 3 door hatches.. lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'll reserve judgement, but 5 doors never look right. With Golf GTi's and Focus ST's, the 3 door always looks better imo

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Focus ST look better in 5 door.

I'll agree with the golf though.

An orange one
actually, i have thought of one hatch that works in 5 doors.....

the seat leon, even years on its still a genious piece of design!

seat-leon-linea-r-18.jpg