ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 owner North Wales

Clio 197, Astra vxr
Hello guys picking up my 197 today, I'm from North Wales

hope to speak to some of you over some posts etc

Danny

Clio 197, Astra vxr
Thanks nik it's a bit different to what I've had in the past but looking forward to getting into a nice sporty hatch again :)

Clio 197, Astra vxr
Pukka silver I believe the colour is the darker silver :) new to the Renault scene as always had Vauxhall

Clio 197, Astra vxr
Will get pics up Friday after a clean deflectors came today so be putting them on tomorrow :)

meanwhile this is the other half of the car collection :)
1BE3DB55-AD6F-417D-898B-1A6FB5DD854E-5068-00000562343F23A3.jpg

Clio 197, Astra vxr
There is 1 or 2 mate hence why I wanted something different sick of the whole vxr scene tbh, I tend to have ocd when it comes to detailing etc

Clio 197, Astra vxr
No haven't been there for a while mate there's too many around haha and there ment to be limited edition lol

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
​Been there with the vxr lot great day out spent a fortune last time and with me just getting the new car ill give it a miss as ill be to tempted to buy more stuff haha
I no, it's not a good place for the wallet :( No worries though mate.

The 197 looks very clean. Nimbus has a nice flake to it.

Clio 197, Astra vxr
Ooh! Sunroof!

​Rare as expletive

is this a good thing?? haha so what's to look out for in these then problem wise, think its come with a few extras aswell bi xenon's unless there standard?? A/C climate control, cruise control

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
is this a good thing?? haha so what's to look out for in these then problem wise, think its come with a few extras aswell bi xenon's unless there standard?? A/C climate control, cruise control

Depends really, iirc, sunroofs on these meant you couldn't spec the cup chassis (but they weren't available till 08 anyway)... I've never driven a non cupped one or one with a sun roof so I don't know if they'll be any less 'rigid' I doubt it though.

you have the xenons with cornering lights :)

if there's a digital display on your dash, you have climate control

Do you have Bose speakers? I think they were an option on early 197s

electric, folding, heated wing mirrors?

Make sure the belts have been done 72k/5years so yours will be overdue if its not been changed

gearboxes are shite, make sure there's no grinding/crunching between 3rd and 4th above 5krpm

Rear brakes bind on in the cold and need servicing (stripping and greasing) annually.

Clio 197 cup
Yeh its Nimbus grey but it shows up as silver on your logbook. Park it next to a silver car and you will see the difference, its not silver haha

Clio 197 cup
Agree with Knuckles also look out for a knock on the front suspension. I took mine to 4 garages till it was identified by birchdown as being the top suspension mount and the rubber seals that your doors close on to they just fall apart