ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner

Clio 182,5GT Turbo Raider
Hi, all, bought a 182 b/g in Southend a couple of months ago as i was working at the airport there and my old 5 raider was suffering from the motorway miles from Bournemouth, got it from a dealer quite cheap as he didnt know much about the car (3 months warranty), but now the belts etc are due this year,5 years old (54-reg),so i will be spending a few quid i expect!
Changed the engine oil/ filter, gearbox oil, air filter (k-tec), pollen filter, fixed the air-con (climate), got the tracking done, cleaned up the interior, done a few other jobs, need to sort the poor performance out ( exhaust rattle) so it should be a nice car eventually!

None
Hi mate, welcome to CS

I'm in the same boat as you with the same car, same age too,belts are due also, only had mine five week or so, my aircon stopped getting cold today which i'm a little miffed about......noticed you said you fixed your?, was it not getting cold by any chance?

Enjoy the car, i love mine

Clio 182,5GT Turbo Raider
Hi mate, welcome to CS

I'm in the same boat as you with the same car, same age too,belts are due also, only had mine five week or so, my aircon stopped getting cold today which i'm a little miffed about......noticed you said you fixed your?, was it not getting cold by any chance?

Enjoy the car, i love mine

Yeah, the fan speed reacted ok when the air con was switched on, i could hear the compressor clutch engage- and see it working, but it just blew warm air. I bought a can of leak sealer with red dye indicator from Halfrauds, they had run out of refrigerant/oil so i got a can from A1 motor stores- they come with a pressure test gauge, found the pressure was low so tried to top the refrigerant but the pressure dropped again, used the leak sealer and couldnt see any dye coming out of any pipe joints so used the rest of the refrigerant can and it now blows cold, not freezing but cold enough over the last few weeks!