ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 owner, need a few bits of advice!

Ph.1 172, FD3S RX-7
Hi all,

I recently bought a tidy little phase 1 to use as my daily commuter, it's great fun! It's got a couple of tiny little niggles I want to sort out and could do with a bit of direction (especially as my project car doesn't have any pistons so i'm not particularly used to working on them!)...

spark plugs - for a stock car what's the best plug to use, also do you regap them or keep whatever they're set at? does anyone bother indexing them?
oil - recommended brand and weight?
idle issues - occasionally the idle will sit high (1,500-2,000ish) or hunt a bit when in traffic, especially these last few hot days. a bit of googling suggested it might be the air temp sensor that needs replacing, any ideas?
airbag sensor - i keep getting the servo/airbag dash light popping up, the chap i bought it from said it's a sensor under the passenger seat and wiggling it about does get rid of the light. can i replace it for a permanent fix?

thanks in advance!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along

Use the search at top right hand corner, lots of great info on here and I'm sure will find what you need

The spark plugs you want to use are the NGK platinum ones that are fitted at factory, don't bother with any others and they are pre-set