ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW 172 Owner from Oxford

Clio 172, VW Caddy
Morning clio community!
Picked up a 172 Saturday, new to the french car world, always had VW's and bit of a german car nut (not a scene kid mind you, always performance in mind)
Paid about 1k for the little chap,
skeptical about how long she will last, as always with a new second hand car, just going to drive it and enjoy it,

Previously owned/ built from the ground and super charged vr6 corrado, house purchase forced sale, saving for something serious, but i couldn't face the pain of not having a fun car any longer so went and got myself a little 172, for what they cost you (hopefully) cant go wrong.

Spent tens of thousands on the corrado for it to spend most its life off the road, so clio is opposite approach, spend little on it, strip it out, make it into a weekend/b road/ track blaster.

Hoping to enjoy the clio adventure, first impressions, handles amazing, little engine revs like bugery and cant believe the pace of it.

Ordered new filters, plugs and oil going to give her a good service this week as i checked the oil and was a bit to dark for my liking. Overall plans, strip not to a silly extent, keep dash and radio, front rear strut brace, nice heat shielded cold fed induction. DONE.
(also did my research and got the titanium plugs you all recommend, didnt bother with the Fuchs oil mind as its got £20 on the Castrol magnatec)

Clio 172, VW Caddy
smart little motor i think,
looked underneath yesterday, drivers side CV boot split, the de-cat section seems to be 1"/.5" smaller than the manifold down pipe and zorst pipe, so im getting my fabricator to fashion a 3" section as im sure this step down in pipe size will and is causing resonance.
Other than the De-cat, got Eibach lowering springs, 182 clio exhaust manifold, and potential maping? smells like its fueling a bit rich, god knows.
got it from a seller, was up for 1500 but it failed the mot he attempted because obv de-cat, so i said leave the de-cat and no mot and call it 1300.
tracked down the chap who had it before the dealer had it, he had it 4 years or so, looks like he maintained it well, but you never know, i think damper have been replaced aswell. cam belt etc apparently done 2 years ago.

Attachments

• media (1).jpg
    media (1).jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 69
  • media (2).jpg
    media (2).jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 64
  • media (3).jpg
    media (3).jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 70
  • media (4).jpg
    media (4).jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 71
  • media (6).jpg
    media (6).jpg
    487 KB · Views: 66
  • media (8).jpg
    media (8).jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 67
  • media (9).jpg
    media (9).jpg
    408 KB · Views: 70
  • media (10).jpg
    media (10).jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 72
  • media (11).jpg
    media (11).jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 63
  • media.jpg
    media.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 66
  Clio 172, VW Caddy
oh and a decent steering wheel and extended boss i think, im 6.3ft so would make for a more comfortable driving position.

Clio 172, VW Caddy
cheers all, you guys do many club organised track days? or just roll up to an open one together?