ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Cup owner in Worthing!

Clio Trophy
After a long search and travelling far and wide to look at some tatty 172's I finally found a low milages 172 cup 10mins up the road!

Very happy with her and will be giving her a service this weekend. I think the cambelt was last changed without the correct tools though as although she runs very well it doesn't feel quite as urgent as some of the other full fat models I drove. (It could be me being more gentle with my own car though).

I'll try and get it down to Rentech to see what they say. I also need to do a 4 wheel alignment too as the steering wheel is off centre.

All in all though I'm delighted!

LY R26 #288
Hello & welcome to the club mate.

Good to see another local member. I'm only down the road in Bognor.

I have a set of of genuine timing tools for the f4r engine, and done my own belts. If you fancy checking your timing with them sometime I don't mind lending a hand. Its a fairly easy job and all you need is two oil seals which cost around £12 which you have to remove from the end of the cams to fit the timing tool.

Joe

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I'll keep a look out for you. I'm in Rustington witha 172 and 182. Post some pics up.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Cars are parked off road and so nor visible from main road. My wife uses one for work and I use company car each day. I very rarely get to use either of them.

Clio Trophy
Hello & welcome to the club mate.

Good to see another local member. I'm only down the road in Bognor.

I have a set of of genuine timing tools for the f4r engine, and done my own belts. If you fancy checking your timing with them sometime I don't mind lending a hand. Its a fairly easy job and all you need is two oil seals which cost around £12 which you have to remove from the end of the cams to fit the timing tool.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Good to see there are some local owners!

I may take you up on that offer, though I spoke to Dave at Rentech yesterday and they quoted £380 to do the timing belt which didn't sound too bad to me. The belt was changed (according to a handwritten bit in the service book) about 20,000 miles ago by the used car dealership Gatwickusedcars.com so I'm not sure how well it was done. For peace of mind I might be better to just do the whole job with Rentech.

I've got the car booked in to have a 4 wheel alignment done at DTS in Worthing on their shiney Hunter DSP400 machine tomorrow morning :)

I'm sure I'll see you around as I often drive the area and work in Chichester

K4M ph2
Check out the south central part of the forum for local meets, im based in chichester and a few guys were thinking of getting together there sometime soon

Clio Trophy
Hi Youngstig,

Thanks for the welcome. I work in Chichester and would be keen to head to some meets.

If you set something up let me know!

Clio Trophy
I'm Back!!!

After a brief (4year) hiatus from Renaultsport I'm now the proud owner of Trophy #394, moved from Worthing now and in Selsey. Any RS owners down here?

Attachments

• IMG_20171029_124820.jpg
    IMG_20171029_124820.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57