ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 17’s

drop it 80mm then fit the wheels

i did look at the same wheels a short whiole back, decided that they had too much of a sharp edge for the newer shape clios

very nice wheels though

just found out that even though they say all prices include wheels its not till after u press the order button that they ask you to select the tyre, the total price is nearly 800 quid, wot wheels do u rekon would go nice on a newer shape, and is there n e where cheap to get em, 80 mm drop sounds alot maybe a bit to much, do u not think 60mm is good enough i know my has done this and can have 2 in the bk without rubing,

fred has a 60mm drop and runs on 17s,

looks good but could still do with a bit more of a drop

the dare v2s look quality on the clio, on the whole, any 5-spoke wheel will suit any car,

multi spokes look amazing on the newer shape clios, but the bsa197 (i think) look beautiful on the new clio

whot sort of prices are these wheels, i like the oxigen wheels but they seem to be pretty exspensive , hmmm oh i dunno wot to do

i have seen a new brand new set thet aint out yet, but the thick and thin spoked chrome type absolutly stunning but there 650 quid might have to do that, can i drop the car 60 on standard wheels that just through on my new ones, or is it best to wait for the wheels to come and then lower it

you can easily lower it 60mm on standard rims

im thinking about 80mm on standard rims, not sure how it will look though

VW Potato

ive been thinking about new wheels for the Clio and the new shape is causing problems. The reason is that some wheels look great at the front of the car, but poor at the back. This is because the B and C pillar are very upright (or formal), so if you buy a wheel with vertical opposing spokes, on the back of the car, they will heighted/draw attention to the upright designed of the C and B pillar and make the car look tall, rather than sporty. Plus, the shape is too soft for a hard wheel (like a nice BBS)....or look at it this was - most alloy wheels look great on a Mk2 Golf; most wheels do not look great on a Mk2 Clio, IMHO

g

run it on steelies ;) sorry couldnt resist

no i think hes trying to say, choosing alloys for the mk2 clio is very difficult, what looks good on the front, usually looks awful on the rear because the way the back end is designed

VW Potato

badboy, as bambam says.... in my own quest for some nice wheels, Im coming to the conclusion that what works on the front doesnt always work on the back of the car, making it difficult to choose a decent set, IMHO.

g

Do what the max power muppets have done on there new civiv project car a different rim on each side e.g superturismos on one side and super ls on the other mmmm:p :confused:

contact Evo in the north east (Peterlee) and they do superb wheel and tyre packages for next to nothing. If I can find the number I will post it but it is normally in the back of all the mags somewhere (its a yellow/orangish ad)

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 08 April 2003

ive been thinking about new wheels for the Clio and the new shape is causing problems. The reason is that some wheels look great at the front of the car, but poor at the back. This is because the B and C pillar are very upright (or formal), so if you buy a wheel with vertical opposing spokes, on the back of the car, they will heighted/draw attention to the upright designed of the C and B pillar and make the car look tall, rather than sporty. Plus, the shape is too soft for a hard wheel (like a nice BBS)....or look at it this was - most alloy wheels look great on a Mk2 Golf; most wheels do not look great on a Mk2 Clio, IMHO

g

Couldnt agree more!! Most wheels look good on a MK1 but its a pain in the arse trying to find a set that suits the MK2. The main reason why I havent got any yet. :(