ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NetGear DG834GT (Sky Router)

just got a brand new one quite cheap from ebay (30 quid)

has anyone here got one and unlocked it? is it just a case of going onto the netgear site getting the newest firmware and upgrading it? i would have thought sky would have made it harder than that ie blocking the firmware upgrade option or something like that?

any info appreciated ;)

cheers

Fiesta ST
I've done it!

Wasn't that easy tbh :) i'll try and find the site i used - it involved keeping the reset button pressed while power on for about 5 secs then the LED blinks which then allows you to flash the firmware with a custom set - then u can upgrade it to the latest netgear ones.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've done it!

Wasn't that easy tbh :) i'll try and find the site i used - it involved keeping the reset button pressed while power on for about 5 secs then the LED blinks which then allows you to flash the firmware with a custom set - then u can upgrade it to the latest netgear ones.

you did mine didn't you?

VaVa
How much is a DG834GT worth? With all the cables etc.

Got a spare since my Sky one arrived. Never had any problems with it either.